Arkansas Legislature Attempting to Ban Gay Foster Parents : Swingers Discussion 75679101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsArkansas Legislature Attempting to Ban Gay Foster Parents
TOPIC: Arkansas Legislature Attempting to Ban Gay Foster Parents
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
Bill moved out of Arkansas Senate and is Heading to its House.

The bill would put into law a ban on gay foster parents that was state policy when it was struck down by the Arkansas Supreme Court last year, and would also any ban other unmarried couples, as well as gays, from becoming either foster parents or adopting children.

Well, let's hear the views on this one??

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 34   End
User Details are only visible to members.
M,

That is an excellent and insightful view. Your mind also turns me on - lol!

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Poly,

I don't think flamboyant is necessarily a negative. It can actually be very fun. I was using the term in the context of what Joe's was pointing out that during many of these daytime parades, some even promoted by the cities, many adults with children are shocked or taken back when they view the costumes and make up of some of the participants.

In response to 2inVT, I also concur that the vast majority of gays live a normal productive life. Many people would be shocked or surprised to find out that some of their co-workers or even friends are gay. One of my sisters, when she came out fro a visit from New York, was shocked when we told her that the two male friends who joined us for dinner were gay partners. She thought both were macho good looking guys and wanted me to fix her up with one of them. As a society we have come a long way concerning our acceptance of gays and we still have a long way to go.

However, I do acknowledge the point Joe was attempting to make, that to be accepted by a society you need to meet at a half way point. Men dressing up in feminine costumes, with their asses hanging out and PURPOSELY sashaying down the street like a women and exaggerating the "limp" wrist technique does put many people off. Personally, I take it in the humor I think it is meant in, but many in our society do not. We cannot just dismiss those that are offended. Open dialogue, communication, compromise and acceptance on both sides is, in my opinion, the best answer.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
2inVT,

I am in 100 percent agreement with you. My point is that many people hold views of gays (as well as the other stereotypes you mentioned) based on the their limited exposure to others. If that exposure is only when they view something or are exposed to something from a flamboyant or negative perspective, it reinforces their viewpoint, even if that viewpoint is limited. I am not supporting that thinking, but I am saying we can not just dismiss it either.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
2inVT,

I concur with your sentiments, but Joe does have a point that the parades such as held quarterly in San Fran and bi-annually in New York City contribute to that stereotype. I think most of us realize that the flamboyant are a very small percentage of the gay community, but Joe is attempting to point out they often do not help their own cause.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
And another thing... We've all seen the so called "Gay Pride" parades, which to are anything but dignified with mainly men dressing up like women and trying to out gay each other. Can you image the headlines if a gay couple brought their kids? Maybe even dressed them up too.......It's bound to happen. Those Parades can account for a great deal of the misinterpretation that the general public has toward gays. Who has parades celebrating their people's negative stereotypes?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I agree with Poly's response. In almost anything in life, you prioritize the best case scenario. However, any loving well adjusted adult, regardless of personal sexual orientation should be able to adopt or become a foster parent.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Actually I would put single parents above gay couples.....I mean ok you are 12 years old, you have been through 3 foster homes and now you have to adjust to this new home with two gay dudes or ladies who wants you to call them Mom? Ok I'm sure the gay guys would want you to call them dad.......depending maybe on who catches and who pitches.......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
.38..."2. More abuse happens in hetero families because there are more hetero families. " =============================================== Old Nuts..."My question was to provide the evidence to your contention that gays abuse more than heterosexuals. " =============================================== OK Old what am I missing here?

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
""1. Males who prey on male children are NOT heterosexuals, they are either bisexuals or gay."

What is your evidence for this statement?

Old Nuts really show me where in this statement above did .38 say anything about a female child?

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"this ain't rocket science..."..YA SURE!!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 34   End
TOPIC: Arkansas Legislature Attempting to Ban Gay Foster Parents