Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Anti War Demonstrations a Flop
TOPIC: Anti War Demonstrations a Flop
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 100   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Once again I fail to understand the point of arguing whether or not we should pull out or stay in.......If the dems do get us out of Iraq what are they going to say if, and probably when the U.S troops would have to go back in and face and un-entrench an enemy that has taken over the country and threatens the security of U.S interests in the region and beyond? I want to know what will they say when the UN tells us that we have to go back into Iraq? Pulling out will feel good now, but they don't mention going back in. And we won't have a choice if they turn the country into a terrorist base. So do we get it right now or just hope and pray that we can get it right later? How will making that country secure and safe later as opposed to now, going to be easier? Will the UN or Nato help us if we have to re-deploy to Iraq? I think they will.......as soon we make it safe for them to help.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
i dont see any bush haters here....

and with all due respect i think it is unfair to attribute the "need to be there" to soldiers who are generally much too young with little foreign policy knowledge or experience to determine whether it's "right" to be there or not.

i certainly think that if they had the choice to come home the large majority would be on their way...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Never said any of that er. CMA nope.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
you wrote..

The only reason we still have troops in Iraq is because the troops themselves see a need to be there.

although i certainly appreciate your experience and service in the first gulf war i don't believe that qualifies you to speak for all the troops there now and further, i cant agree with your statement.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good ole boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East, and the P hilippines . They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

! < B>

3) All illegal aliens have 30 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 30 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide hereWe don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their productio! n. ;(About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
The only reason we still have troops in Iraq is because the troops themselves see a need to be there. As long as a soldier has a clear mission and can see his is making a difference he will endure any hardship to ensure the job is done right, including the ineffectual spittle from the left. Our soldiers are NOT slave labor blindly going where they are told but rather they are brave volunteers who have a difficult job to do and they WANT to do that job. If you want to bring the troops home then give them the tools they need and they will gladly accomplish their mission and return to their families. Just don't ask the American soldier to be a failure and quit, help him finish the job. I am a retired infantry soldier and I have seen the evil of Saddam and his regime with my own eyes. I thank God we were able to push those raping and murderous bastards out of Kuwait and that we were able to do it quickly and with little loss of American life. Todays soldier has a much harder task in keeping the fanatical wolves at bay while Iraq tries to rise up and be a democracy we can be Neihbors with. To be honest I don't have a plan on how to win that would be acceptable to the high morals of the American people but I do have a plan on how we can lose...... Some of the very people we are trying to help harbor a hatred for us that they themselves don't understand. That hatred was taught to them from infancy and if we fail the Iraqi people, even those that hate us, by quitting now we will face those that see us as weak abominations to Allah and we will face them on our shores.....again.....

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
Like I said the only person who looked like a liar was you when Sens( I think was the person) found the site that you used and informed us that it was not an offiicial site and the site had a disclaimer that they did not have all the records of medal awardees. I truly suggest you try your bullshit elsewhere.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Yes I distinctly recall Lucky said it was a classified mission. He said he got the medal for saving the lives of some marines and the reason he wasn't on that list -- the one that clearly showed no such awards were made in the year he claimed -- was becasue the mssion was classified (how convenient). So even though the (alleged) "mission" was (allegedly) classified, he could still blab about it on a swingers forum, giving us the date, nature, and location of the supposed mssion. In other words, just enough evidence to make himself look like Audie Murphy incarnate (but not really).

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Oh yes that's right. Lucky did say he got his Medal of Honor for acts of heroism while on a top secret mission. I think he said he saved a battalion of marines like Audie Murphy. That would explain why his name isn't on any records for having been awarded it.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Plus the site you used was not an official site and had a disclaimer. So the only liar that was shown was you...Error.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 100   End
TOPIC: Anti War Demonstrations a Flop