Anti War Demonstrations a Flop : Swingers Discussion 753871061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAnti War Demonstrations a Flop
TOPIC: Anti War Demonstrations a Flop
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 100   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Okay Akorn, good point. I'll give you that one.

So, in your opinion, why then aren't the "peaceful" Iraqis ratting out the radicals to the police then?

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"If "moderate" and "peaceful" muslims don't start to stand up and take actions against the radicals ..."

Yet another attempt at logic run amuck. How does a "peaceful" person take action against a "radical"? If a peaceful person takes radical action, that makes him no better than the extremist.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"There will be no peace until radical Islam is no more."

Is that a euphemism for "Kill the towelheads"?

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I hear a lot of folks "say" that the American people don't want us involved but you don't hear it from the American people themselves, either by a representative protest or by vote. Folks that live in gated communities with active security that have never experienced violent crime may well say" why do we need war, why cant everyone be like me and enjoy peace and rise above these barbaric acts?" They forget about the gate and the security teams that provide a place for peace to flourish. With a good heart and the grandest of intentions they want others to be able to share the peace that they have. The gate keepers and security teams also cherish peace and want to share it with others but they have a totally different view on how peace works. We may not want to believe it about our fellow humans but there are those that will destroy us if given the chance. They don't want appeasement or compromise. They want the resources that their God promised them and they want to destroy all those that are offensive to their God. This isn't a passing fancy with these folks it's a lifelong mission and the path to heaven. While one man is not representative of all I personally had a man in Bethlehem tell me in no unmistakable terms that we infidels were put on earth for consumption by the faithful. As he got more ugly and heated others of his belief gathered and I was getting a bit scared but my buddies came and I was able to leave. There will be no peace until radical Islam is no more. We will win or we will be destroyed. We can protest the war all we want to but we still are at war. If five guys are kicking your ass and you curl up in a ball and say you don't believe in fighting,... well you're still gonna get your ass kicked...

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
Yeah the troops are all volunteers and they knew what they were getting themselves into. Plus they are all getting paid to do their dream job, and most of them have no desire to come home to deal with their bitching spouses, bullshit civilian jobs and mundane lives. I'm sure they'd almost all, with few exceptions, prefer to stay in the desert and play security guard for a bunch of arab towelheads who are halfheartedly trying to get their puppet regime government off the ground so they can fill their pockets with bribes and oil kickbacks while while the rest of their Arab brothers continue to languish in abject poverty without food, running water, or electricity. I think our troops must just be having the time of their lives over there trying to avoid getting splattered by the shrapnel of a pissed off suicide bomber's explosive laden car or an improvised explosive device. I seriously doubt, given the choice, that any of them would come home, what with the unfullfilled mssion and all. I mean, until we are able to breed that hatred out of those arabs -- some three or four generations down the road -- we won't ever get that stable democratic government right there in the heart of muslim holy land. I mean those people have been used to having things their way on their own land for some three thousand years; you all didn't expect results overnight, did ya? Our boys will be coming home soon. Mark it on your calendars: March 15, 2056 (or thereabouts).

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
i meant if the ALL had the choice to come home, not to leave their buddies there... and was based upon the idea that the reasons the troops are there is because "they see the need to be there"

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Hello all. As a female Marine who was in service during the Gulf War, I would like to say that although i did not get deployed, i was ready and willing to go. Of course i did not want to go, but i made a commitment. When i first joined up, i tried to back out at the last minute, but my mother told me that i had to finish what i had started. That lesson hit home more than almost any other that she taught me. She did not want me to go and knew that i would be away from her for long periods of time, but she was willing to sacrifice what she wanted for what was best for me in the long run. She was from the old school and i guess i am as well even though i am only 39. After i made it through boot camp, i was so grateful to her for not giving in to my selfish inclination. I came through it a much stronger and more disciplined person---a Marine. It was one of the best things that i ever did. While there, my drill instructors instilled in me the understanding of the importance of teamwork, self-discipline and a pride that comes from being an American. We are privelaged like no other nation and yet we tend to be the least grateful. I am trying to instilll a work ethic in my son and the old fashioned values which were passed down to me from my mother. No, i would not want my son to ever go to war and possibly die, but i would never discourage his decision. While many folks join the military to get a free education, i went into it knowing that this country and it's freedoms are worth fighting for. Freedom is never free. I saw a movie once where someone said that every man dies, but not every man truly lives. I would rather die fighting for something that i believe in when i know that the long-term effects would benefit a greater number of people. That is the same reason that my children and i pick up litter---to make this world a better place for future generations. I know this is long-winded and Robin Williams may be liberal, but he was also very supportive when he went to go visit the troops and i am proud of him. Thank you for your time and consideration of my humble opinion. I also wanted to mention to Dizzy Red that your picture on your profile of your wife in those shoes left me speechless. Cindy

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
"i certainly think that if they had the choice to come home the large majority would be on their way"

Yeah I think you are way off there! My cousin actually did have the choice to leave and come home because of my grandfather being ill and on his death bed. This man was like a second father to my cousin! So it wasn't like it wasn't a big deal to him that he was passing away. And my cousin chose to stay with his fellow soilders. Also the "young men" do know why they are over there. My cousin like many of my friends and friends husband have gone there at age 25 and up they aren't kids they are men. And they knew full well where they could end up joining military. And they are there because they beleive it's right.

Cortland NY
Username hidden
(44 posts)
well not having served of COURSE i don't. i stand by the position that if they had their choice they would come home.

i simply disagree that foreign policy knowledge and the understanding of the intricate issues and consequences of military action comes simply from military service. notice i never said less intelligent, i said less experienced.. getting the news first hand like what is going on in "my sector" is no way to decide on foreign policy..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dizzy wrote:

"and with all due respect i think it is unfair to attribute the "need to be there" to soldiers who are generally much too young with little foreign policy knowledge or experience to determine whether it's "right" to be there or not."

"i certainly think that if they had the choice to come home the large majority would be on their way..."

Soldiers grow up and fast and get plenty of foreign policy knowledge and experience while being in the crucible where these policies are born. Are you saying our soldiers are less intelligent than our senators, congressmen advisors and policy makers? I hope not. Our service men and women are uniquely qualified to determine whether its right to be there, they get their news and political climate reports first hand, often through the sights of a rifle while we watch on a screen and wonder if we are being shown the whole story. I am NOT qualified to speak for all soldiers serving now, I retired in 1998 and am now obsolete. I do hear from a few soldiers that I know and they are proud of the lives they are saving. You bet they would be home if given the chance, the chance to get the job done right and come home together. I'm taking an educated guess based on talking with the guys but I believe 25 to 35% of our infantry is on their 2nd and 3rd tour. That should tell you how soldiers in an all volunteer army feel about fighting tyranny.

Oh, I stand corrected and consider myself bitch slapped about that Robin Williams post. That was pasted from an E-mail from my Dad and I thought it was humorous. Funny that Williams is a liberal though. I guess comedians say things they don't believe to get a laugh, politicians do it to get a vote!

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 100   End
TOPIC: Anti War Demonstrations a Flop