Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Another major Bushie balis out!!!!
TOPIC: Another major Bushie balis out!!!!
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yep those ''historians" writing about the history( as in past) of the current ( as in Present ) President have as much credibility as say..........JNM...and his global warming scientist lards.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"Historians agree with me that Bush is in the catgory of the worst presidents ever. It's there! "......HISTORIANS agree!!...hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
If it is outside of his talking points or known lies then he has no clue what to say. Wait until he gets his marching orders then they will tell him what to think,

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Or his leftist talking points.....which are filled with lies, hate and hypocrisy.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
He will lie and try to spin his way out if an answer. He will just prove again what a mighty coward he is.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
well in theory you would want the government to be investing in research that could potentially save and posivitely affect many of its citizens lives but i for one have no problem with this particular president saying he does not support it even if i do not agree with it..

certainly you would agree that the government "funds" million and millions dollars worth of projects that are a complete waste... no?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Large pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer and Merck have so far steered clear of stem cell therapy. I would assume for several reaons the most obvious being that the PROFIT is not there right now. Rather, big pharma is letting the smaller companies do the work.

Plenty of smaller companies are active in the stem cell field. Stemnion, a small biotech firm in Pittsburgh, is working on using stem cells found in the placenta for healing wounds. Cellerant Therapeutics of San Carlos, Calif., will soon start a human trial using highly purified adult stem cells found in bone marrow to treat patients with Sickle Cell disease, a genetic blood disorder. Osiris Therapeutics of Baltimore has several trials under way using adult stem cells to treat the intestinal inflammation known as Crohn's disease, repair damaged tissue following a heart attack and prevent the progression of arthritis. And Geron of Menlo Park, Calif. is performing animal studies on a variety of different cells derived from human embryonic stem cells, aiming to treat spinal cord injury, heart disease and diabetes.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
JNM,

For someone who claims to be an educated man and a CFO, you have to be one of the most stupid individuals on the planet. No where do I claim to be an expert. My post tells you I am surprised at the Medical Community for their views on embryonic stem cell research. As my post is clear to most people, I state I am basing my OPINION, not expertise, on the expertise of the Medical people I know personally and on the nations medical journals, books and magazines.

As a CFO you should understand the difference in spending on something that HAS provided 72 cures and/or treatments versus spending money on something that has found ZERO! If I am a CFO and I have been spending twice as much monies on a project, investment or study for over 100 years that has produced NO results, while spending half that amount on a similar project over the same time period with 72 positive results, I would NOT give more money a program that has no results. I would, instead, provide more funding to the program that has produced 72 cures/treatments. By the way, the 100 years is in reference to stem cells have been studied since the late 1800s.

As far as you using Alzheimer's as an example of something that MIGHT be cured or treated in the future by research into embryonic stem cell research there is NOTHING to indicate that is remotely possible. Having been caring for my father, the last two years, who has advanced Alzheimer's, I have asked every question possible on treatment, as well as I have read most information, articles and studies concerning Alzheimer's. NOT ONE, I REPEAT, NOT ONE doctor ever told me or my wife that embryonic stem cell research is, will be or might be the magic pill.

All doctors have referred to ADULT stem cell research as being the best possibility in finding a treatment, but probably NOT A CURE for Alzheimer's.

David A. Prentice, a US leading researcher in stem cell research wrote in 2004 in his thesis, "Monitoring Stem Cell Research", Appendix K. “Adult Stem Cells” the following: "Adult neural stem cells have been shown to migrate extensively in the brain of rats following injection. Adult stem cells have been isolated from many different kinds of tissues, although they are present in small numbers."

Although both embryonic and adult stem cells have been used on laboratory rats, pigs, and monkeys concerning Alzheimer's, ONLY ADULT stem cells have shown to have any effects on improving the brain.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I am tired of posting in the political forums, but I will mention this. Being married to a RN and associating with Doctors, Pharmacists, Medical Research etc., I am surprised that the majority of the medical community thinks that embryonic stem cell research is overrated. It has become my opinion, listening to those that work in the medical field, that politicians have made this a bigger and clouded issue.

First, BOTH versions of stem cell research are legal here in the U.S. as well as throughout much of the world. Worldwide, embryonic stem cell research outspends adult stem cell research 2 to 1. Based on the media, I thought President Bush refused to fund ANY embryonic research. Based on articles in Medical books, journals and magazines, I am now aware that President Bush DID NOT outlaw or deny funding for all embryonic research. He only limited the governments funding and involvement, and he did nothing to prevent private research. Yet, even with all the research in both embryonic and adult stem cell research, CURRENTLY ONLY adult stem cells have produced any cures or treatments, - 72 from adult stem cell studies to ZERO from embryonic studies.

I have been shown many medical journals and articles that are now reflecting embryonic researchers acknowledging that statements made by NON-medical people i.e., Politicians and Celebrities throughout the 1990's up thru today provided false and misleading hope, or were simply overreaching and promising cures that embryonic research have not found and possibly never will. These articles are from doctors and scientist who believe in further studies into their embryonic research, but are now stating that embryonic stem cells are not as promising as the public was led to believe.

Based on the information I am now aware of, it seems it would be smart to further fund adult stem cell research though our tax dollars and leave embryonic to private donation funding and/or the limited funding already in place from President Bush that he authorized in 2001.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
so liberals should then oppose stem cell research? :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 25   End
TOPIC: Another major Bushie balis out!!!!