Another Senator Accused of Illegal Activities : Swingers Discussion 73159
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAnother Senator Accused of Illegal Activities
TOPIC: Another Senator Accused of Illegal Activities
Created by: SensuousAndNasty
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
I think he should be fired and replaced 8-)

What good is someone who will never be trusted by the people around him any longer. How effective can he be..

No stepping down, no resign and no pension!

Bridgeport PA

Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I know you guys are waiting on a liberal to support State Senator Fumo but this one is gonna disappoint you. If this Senator is investigated and found guilty, then he should get the punishment he deserves. No defense on my part.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Gary,

I also found it odd (biased?) that he was not acknowedged as a Democrat as quickly or right by his name as republicans are.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Intresting...it took seven paragraphs for the story to say that he was a democrat...........Let it be a republican.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Pa. Senator Indicted on 139 Counts Tuesday, February 6, 2007 1:16 PM EST The Associated Press By MARYCLAIRE DALE

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — State Sen. Vincent J. Fumo, one of the most powerful figures in Pennsylvania politics, was indicted Tuesday on 139 federal counts alleging he used a nonprofit group for personal and political gain and defrauded the state Senate out of $1 million.

Many of the charges stem from Fumo's ties to a nonprofit agency in his South Philadelphia district.

Authorities had been investigating the Citizens' Alliance for Better Neighborhoods for more than four years. The group was started by Fumo aides in 1991 to serve the neighborhood where he grew up.

The 267-page indictment included wire fraud, mail fraud, obstruction of justice, conspiracy, mail fraud and tax counts. It also accused Fumo of engaging in a systematic cover-up through the destruction of e-mails and other electronic records.

U.S. Attorney Patrick Meehan said Fumo used Senate employees for his personal benefit and abused his authority to hire Senate contractors.

"Fumo not only abused the Senate purse by paying employees who solely or partially did personal and political work for him, but further defrauded the Senate by overpaying employees who did both official and personal tasks," the indictment said.

Fumo, anticipating the indictment on Monday, temporarily stepped down as the ranking Democrat on the appropriations committee but remains in the Senate.

The Philadelphia Democrat, who has beaten two previous indictments, promised to clear his name.

"I know in my heart that I have not done anything illegal," the 63-year-old lawyer and banker said.

Prosecutors said the Senate lost more than $1 million as Fumo "systematically, routinely, and improperly used the funds and resources of the Senate for his personal and political benefit."

"He directed that Senate employees and contractors employed by the Senate serve him in any manner he desired, throughout the regular workday and at all hours of the day and night, to further his political goals and attend to his personal wants," prosecutors said.

The indictment also charges the group's longtime executive director, Ruth Arnao, and it names two ex-Senate staffers who already had been charged with obstructing the investigation by deleting years worth of e-mail about Fumo's ties to the charity.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Another Senator Accused of Illegal Activities