Another Republican view on rape : Swingers Discussion 21060510171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAnother Republican view on rape
TOPIC: Another Republican view on rape
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   171 to 176 of 176 
User Details are only visible to members.
2 reasons:

1. People don't think, they react. Nobody wants to be standing next to the guy everyone's throwing eggs at.

2. It basically is a discussion about God and religion. This topic is almost impossible to get into and come out looking like the good guy.

I'd stay away from him too. If anything, it shows this guy is too stupid to know when to shut his mouth if he hopes to win.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18813 posts)
Then how come Romney is distancing himself from his comments if it's not a big deal?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
Please read and think about what I'm writing before flipping out. It's much along the lines of outdoors' comment. ----- I don't see how this is controversial at all.....

If one accepts the postulate that God is all-powerful and all-knowing, then every action and event on this Earth is "God's will".

If one does not, then this guy's statement can be dismissed.

It's really a question of whether or not one accepts and agrees with his view of God.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18813 posts)
Don't you just love inclusive liberals? Any opinion is welcome so long as it matches theirs.

Whitehouse Station NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
If God didn't want this guy running for Senate, he wouldn't have won the primary. If God didn't want him running his mouth, he wouldn't have said this.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
The Associated Press

NEW ALBANY, Ind. — Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said Tuesday when a woman becomes pregnant during a rape, "that's something God intended."

Mourdock, who's been locked in one of the country's most watched Senate races, was asked during the final minutes of a debate with Democratic challenger Rep. Joe Donnelly whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest.

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said.

Mourdock became the second GOP Senate candidate to find himself on the defensive over comments about rape and pregnancy. Missouri Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin said during a television interview in August that women's bodies have ways of preventing pregnancy in cases of what he called "legitimate rape." Since his comment, Akin has repeatedly apologized but has refused to leave his race despite calls to do so by leaders of his own party, from GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on down.

It was not immediately clear what effect Mourdock's comments might have during the final two weeks before the Nov. 6 election. But they could prove problematic. Romney distanced himself from Mourdock on Tuesday night — a day after a television ad featuring the former Massachusetts governor supporting the GOP Senate candidate began airing in Indiana.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   171 to 176 of 176 
TOPIC: Another Republican view on rape