Another Democratic Surrender : Swingers Discussion 829231011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAnother Democratic Surrender
TOPIC: Another Democratic Surrender
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 15 of 15 
User Details are only visible to members.
StPete,

You are absolutely correct that the cot thing has been done before going back decades. It is obviously a bi-partisan example of attention getting. No where in my first comment did I dismiss the republicans in the "cot" scam, my comment is generic to all members. It is my understanding the majority of Congress, on both sides of the aisle, approved and support the "cots" being set up.

To me they all are saying "look at me, your hard working, underpaid, loyal servant, doing Americas work without break or fanfare", when in fact it screams of an attention getting ploy.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
by the way the google search was:

republicans and cots

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Ok let's be fair gents. According to CNN, the republicans did the cot thing a few years back with an all nighter.

From Policy and Advocacy Website dated October 2003:

"Bush Judicial Nominations Watch: Sleepless in the Senate

The United State Senate held a 40-hour "talk-a-thon" that began at 6 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 12 and continued straight through to 9:30 a.m. on Friday, November 14. The "talk-a-thon" was scheduled by Republicans to protest Democrat's filibusters of four of President Bush's judicial nominees. " and

"Republicans used their hours to protest the filibuster which they interpreted as unprecedented "obstructionist" tactics by the Democrats to block confirmations. To illustrate their dedication to the all-night debate, Republicans had cots rolled into the Capitol. "

I think, the point the dems were trying to show was what they perceive as obstruction by the republicans just as the republicans saw the democrats as obstructists in 2003.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
...and how about the taxpayer money they spent on having contractors and staff set up cots that they knew they would never use. I had to laugh my ass off on that one.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
14% and now they hold our military hostage with appropriation for a pay raise and medical funding including dependants of service people..ALA Al Qaeda ....Fawkin assholes

Now we know who the enemy is.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 15 of 15 
TOPIC: Another Democratic Surrender