Another Conspiracy : Swingers Discussion 78002
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAnother Conspiracy
TOPIC: Another Conspiracy
Created by: SensuousAndNasty
Original Starting post for this thread:
Friendly Fire Likely Killed N.Y. Trooper Friday, April 27, 2007 7:21 PM EDT The Associated Press By MICHAEL VIRTANEN

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Friendly fire apparently killed a New York state trooper in a gunfight that erupted as he searched a farmhouse for a suspect in the shooting of a colleague, officials said Friday.

Trooper David C. Brinkerhoff was fatally shot Wednesday as he and six other members of the force's elite mobile response team searched a Catskill-area house where the armed suspect had holed up.

The 29-year-old and another trooper were shot by the suspect, Travis Trim, as the two entered the upstairs bedroom where the man had two guns, but it is one of the about 70 police rounds fired that officials believe killed Brinkerhoff.

"The fatal wound was made by a .223 (caliber) tactical round that was believed to have been fired by an MRT member," said acting State Police Superintendent Preston Felton. Felton said Friday an autopsy showed that Trim, 23, also was killed by troopers, shot once in the head and twice in the chest. "It's our belief he was killed almost instantaneously," he said.

The Margaretville farmhouse was destroyed hours later in a fire that erupted as troopers, unaware that Trim was dead, closed in on the suspect. His badly burned body, holding a rifle, was found inside later.

Felton said Friday that a police tear gas round that landed on a bedspread appears to have started the fire.

The seven troopers were wearing body armor and carrying assault rifles as they entered the farmhouse, a vacant seasonal residence where Trim had tripped an alarm that morning, police said. The house was several hundred yards from where Trim had abandoned a stolen minivan the afternoon before.

Trim, hiding in an upstairs bedroom, shot Brinkerhoff in the chest with a small-caliber handgun and Trooper Richard Mattson in the arm with a .30-30 rifle as they closed in, Felton said. Four troopers also fired, Felton said, without elaborating on whether Brinkerhoff and Mattson were among them.

(AP Story Continued........)

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
Angel when I got out of high school I joined the Marine Corps, couldn't swim so I got dropped from training. In 2000 I went out for the Army, got injured during a hump and got really sick with pneumonia. I was given a separation after my grandmother died. So I did try twice to serve. I must say that Physically I don't think I was cut out for the lifestyle. But I do support and admire those who can and do serve. That's why I can stand it when Liberals, whether or not they did serve, run down the military and do things to undercut their efforts. But if you are going to invalidate my OPINION based on my lack of service, then ask Sen or one of the other veterans about Iraq.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Hillary ordered the hit. The trooper was a Republican. There will be more open positions in the NY State Police Dept. soon.

Seriously, Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. He died a hero. That will be his legacy.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
LOL well ya know the Dems are going to start calling for withdrawal from Afghanistan after they make us Surrender in Iraq. Don't get me wrong, I want our military to strive harder to maintain honor and integrity. The difference between my thinking and the thinking of so called patriotic liberals, is that I give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that they general try to do the right thing. It's a shame but I have a feeling that the military will be looking at some dark days if the dems win the 08' election.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Damn....maybe another cover up or was this trooper murdered by his own people? Maybe we should pull all troopers out of New York?

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
(....AP Story Continued) The bullet from Trim's handgun hit Brinkerhoff's body armor, possibly knocking him down to one knee. Brinkerhoff, who was wearing a Kevlar helmet, was then shot in the back of the head with a bullet that may have been a ricochet, Felton said.

"In a firefight such as this, and our members are highly trained, what it appears happened here is that Trooper Brinkerhoff was struck in the chest and was knocked back," Felton said. "Other members came to his aid and started to return fire at the shooter. At some point Trooper Brinkerhoff ended up getting hit by a round.

"Common? No," Felton said. "This was a very volatile situation."

The troopers grabbed their wounded colleagues and backed out. The house was surrounded most of Wednesday while police sent in a robot to probe.

Mattson remained in serious condition Friday at Albany Medical Center Hospital. The new details about the deadly encounter were based on "an autopsy and preliminary forensic review," Felton said, adding that the full analysis of the information is not yet complete.

Trim had been on the run since Tuesday, when he shot a trooper after he was stopped driving the stolen minivan. That trooper's body armor prevented him from being seriously hurt, police said.

Trim's grandmother said the results of the preliminary investigation change little about her shock at her grandson's actions.

"It would make me feel a lot better but I'm still disgusted that he would be shooting at troopers," said Ruth Trim, 76, of Dickinson Center, N.Y. "We need our troopers. It's an awful world out there."

Trim had been on probation for a driving while intoxicated conviction. A warrant was issued for his arrest in December after he stopped seeing his probation officer and was charged with marijuana possession and buying beer for underage people.

However, the director of St. Lawrence County's probation department and local police told the Ogdensburg Journal that they never received the warrant, issued out of Canton Village Court.

Brinkerhoff is the third trooper to be shot and killed in the line of duty since March 2006 — a tragic stretch of time for the state police in which two other on-duty troopers died in vehicle accidents and another was killed while on foot patrol in Iraq. -------- End of AP Story----------

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Friendly Fire Likely Killed N.Y. Trooper Friday, April 27, 2007 7:21 PM EDT The Associated Press By MICHAEL VIRTANEN

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Friendly fire apparently killed a New York state trooper in a gunfight that erupted as he searched a farmhouse for a suspect in the shooting of a colleague, officials said Friday.

Trooper David C. Brinkerhoff was fatally shot Wednesday as he and six other members of the force's elite mobile response team searched a Catskill-area house where the armed suspect had holed up.

The 29-year-old and another trooper were shot by the suspect, Travis Trim, as the two entered the upstairs bedroom where the man had two guns, but it is one of the about 70 police rounds fired that officials believe killed Brinkerhoff.

"The fatal wound was made by a .223 (caliber) tactical round that was believed to have been fired by an MRT member," said acting State Police Superintendent Preston Felton. Felton said Friday an autopsy showed that Trim, 23, also was killed by troopers, shot once in the head and twice in the chest. "It's our belief he was killed almost instantaneously," he said.

The Margaretville farmhouse was destroyed hours later in a fire that erupted as troopers, unaware that Trim was dead, closed in on the suspect. His badly burned body, holding a rifle, was found inside later.

Felton said Friday that a police tear gas round that landed on a bedspread appears to have started the fire.

The seven troopers were wearing body armor and carrying assault rifles as they entered the farmhouse, a vacant seasonal residence where Trim had tripped an alarm that morning, police said. The house was several hundred yards from where Trim had abandoned a stolen minivan the afternoon before.

Trim, hiding in an upstairs bedroom, shot Brinkerhoff in the chest with a small-caliber handgun and Trooper Richard Mattson in the arm with a .30-30 rifle as they closed in, Felton said. Four troopers also fired, Felton said, without elaborating on whether Brinkerhoff and Mattson were among them.

(AP Story Continued........)

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Another Conspiracy