Anarchy : Swingers Discussion 801501041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAnarchy
TOPIC: Anarchy
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 145   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"The internet is not policed, as even the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled it's Global reach puts the Internet's lies, slander, and altering of history, books, diaries, manuscripts, peoples comments etc, out of reach of any one government."

That's funny. I usually think of governments as being the biggest perpetrators of lies, slander, and revisionist history. In any event, I'd prefer my information flow be unfiltered by those that *think* they know what is fact or fiction and want to enlighten me with their personal versions of what they *think* I need to know.

I prefer to have an open portal to all sides of a discussion or account of recorded history. You can't typically get that from a single book. You can't get it from multiple books either, unless you want to spend weeks and months combing through library tomes. On the internet, you can discover what is likely the most accurate version of events by a concensus of sources in just a short amount of time. It's far more efficient that digging through library books, many of which are tyically outdated and worthless.

"Two more cases are now being considered by the U.S. Supreme Court concerning slander and falsehoods (both have to do with Wikepedia). However, over the past few years the Supreme Court has either refused to hear cases involving the internet or ruled against the plaintiff(s) not because the plaintiff was incorrect, wrong in their complaint or not libeled/slandered, but because the U.S. Supreme Court does not believe any one government has jurisdiction. Justice Scalia has written on how the internet and it's global reach has moved faster then society and the rule of law was not prepared for it and now can not keep up."

Welcome to the first working global anarchist community. It's been a long time in the making, but it's here now. And it's no more chaos than anything else you'd experience in your normal day to day existence. In the coming years you will see governments futilely strive to *regulate* the internet, but they will fail. Information can now be passes with a click click click around the globe and at the speed of light, and there is little the governments can do to stop it. They will all just have to learn to coexist with our untouchable anarchist cyber-collective.

The internet - an incredible modern day tool, but also the most misused and abused.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I was watching a story on the History channel about Sira Leon war and you wanna talk about ANARCHY...Man O Man...No one in control. No One to stop the madness. Folks like ER and Lusty should be required to watch it amazing.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
...........just saying.....this ain't an HBO Prison Drama..........

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
AAHHH Anarchy!!!!!!

LOL

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
..........ya know...........a lot of guys and ladies like seeing a guy wearing a nice pair of boxer briefs, maybe some pants, like dockers........not pointing to anyone in particular.........just thought I'd throw it out there.........

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
That Author of "The Celts" should have been Gerhard Herm. Richard Kern is a dirty photographer };-)

Chicago IL

Username hidden
(260 posts)
It's not an Issue of reader's digest, It's a book they published (C) 1984 ISBN 0-89577-170-5. It's a basic collection of archeological articles representing sites and digs from around the world. Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States" ISBN 0-06-092643-0. Noam Chomsky is good to. See also "The Celts" by Richard Kern ISBN 312-12705-7 for European parallels. I'm %25 percent Georgia cracker on my dad's side. If there's some AmerIndian in there I wouldn't know. The rest is all European post 1870. I've friends and associates from a couple old tribes. I'm just interested in sustainable living.

Chicago IL

Username hidden
(260 posts)
Black Elk Speaks, I forget the Author; A peoples History of the United States, by Howard Zinn; A short History of Michigan, by John Kern (this was a text for a summer school elective I took, which I still have); Reader's Digest Quest for the Past; 2 American History textbooks for teenagers (Harcourt and MacDonnel/ Lieflin); The Lone ranger and Tanto Fist Fight In Heaven, Sherman Alexie. Countless articles in Discovery and Scientific American (I had subscriptions growing- up) along with National Geographic (my schools got the magazines and I watched the show.) and Nova on PBS, along with the History and Discovery Channels. A couple of points: History, and pop- culture even more so, is written by the winners; but even in the average texts one can find evidence of Anarchism, as a philosophy, amongst aboriginal people. The lack of reliable communication made it inevitable! It existed in the medieval fiefdoms of Europe (in an age, they are discovering, not as "dark" as the rulers and the church had us believing for centuries.) The Aborigines of Australia and the Polynesians are also good examples. Hell, so is Belgium, and they have a king! Also, though the hippies and gun controllers fear this fact; Anarchism is no utopia guaranteed free of violence and strife. It does not profess to do so. One of the main reasons Switzerland has been able to remain a neutral country for thousands of years is that every mountain pass in or out of that country is sealable (with Dynamite this last century!), and service in the armed forces is mandatory. Any invader would have to kill EVERY man, woman, and child. Nor is it neccessarily free of class, and all of the trouble that can cause. Anarchism is just a set of guiding principles used to reduce harms- keep people fit, aware of their surroundings and neighbors, intimate with their resources, and fiercely independent of any mass hysteria that could, say, plunge the planet into nuclear armageddon, or at the very least a war for oil and influence 4000 miles away. It's not "perfect" as people seem to expect (name one thing that is!) and is constantly evolving, like everything else- but it IS a return to the ideals of Freedom, Justice, and Individual Responsibility that our culture purports to believe in.

Chicago IL

Username hidden
(260 posts)
And before anyone harps on me for it, I KNOW I said "Fact:2)" twice. I'm not an editor by trade. Sorry.

Chicago IL

Username hidden
(260 posts)
I disagree. Most of the people here seem to have issues with anarchism and are more interested in repeating their unsubstantiated opinions, over and over AND OVER again, than discussing any facts. Fact: 1) Anarchism is a philosophy; NOT a form of government. Stop trying to discuss it as such... and stop using words like "government" and "system" as semantic toys. ALL living creatures need to take care of their needs and those of their families and nations, not unlike a wolfpack or a herd of elephants. Whether we define that process biologically or politically or economically, that process will exist. So let's drop the ridiculous notion that taking part in a system somehow excludes one or that system from being anarchist. Fact: 2) While some tribes did have formal governments (the Aztec and Iroquois come to mind) PHILOSOPHICALLY (I know it's a pesky concept, but you all should look into it, Hobbes is a great start)most of these societies can be considered anarchist. "Pecking order" (?) or no. See Fact: 1). Fact: 2) The weak WILL always prey on the strong. So what. Most mammals ASSOCIATE in order to pool their resources and defend their weak until they are strong. Humans are only different in that our associations can get incredibly subtle and complex. For example: physically strong people may choose to associate with weak, but well skilled, musicians. They like the music. Quid pro quo, the weak musicians are provided with protection, as long as they stay in the strong peoples favor. We, in this century, happen to symbolize and quantify this favor with money. Never the less, IT IS THIS DYNAMIC THAT IS AT THE ROOT OF ALL HUMAN EXCHANGES. Anarchists are just more direct, more honest. (We can still use money, too!) You can convince yourself that the "checks and balances" are protecting the political losers on any one issue if it helps you sleep at night- but the SECOND those losers became dissatisfied and tried to TRULY withdraw from the process they'd be crushed by the victors. Just look at what happened to the south in the Civil War. Only the losers' (our) complicity is what gives the victors (us, again. We are our own worst enemy) their validity. Besides, this is the very "trimming of the fat" I spoke of. Our best and brightest go of to fight for economic interests so we have the freedom to choose from 80 varieties of toothpaste- so Paris Hilton has the freedom to drive drunk- we have the freedom to export all of our manufacturing jobs to China and Mexico while simultaneously lowering the standards of said jobs so that they STILL want to come here! This country is full of weak, spoiled, fat little children with cars and guns. I say: start preying.

Chicago IL

Username hidden
(260 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 145   End
TOPIC: Anarchy