Al Gore and Rush Limbaugh nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize : Swingers Discussion 72910
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAl Gore and Rush Limbaugh nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize
TOPIC: Al Gore and Rush Limbaugh nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize
Created by: 38specials The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I took the initiative in creating the Internet."..Ok all you wannabe spin doctors out there. Please tell me extactly what did Gore "create". Is it like in the beginning there was the heavens and the the earth and Gore said'' LET THERE BE AN INTERNET"...and poof it appeared he looked at his work and said...this is good!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Actually Karzi Afghanistan would be a better candidate than both of them. But why Al Gore? Still has done really nothing but yell fire in a crowded theater and Rush LOL the man is a Bafoon... Actually Tony Blair would also be a good one as well.

Kind of like if Perfect nominated Lucky to be President of the US. I doubt that's going to qualify you for Federal Camaign Funding ....

Wow never saw that post.But you can have it... With Jack Asses out too cut my throat is not my Idea of fun.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
www DOT cnn DOT com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/03/09/president DOT 2000/transcript DOT gore/

"GORE: During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

I appears the primary pioneer for a global network was J. C. R. Lickliter. He wrote extensively on this throughout 1960. In 1962 he was appointed to head the DOD's Information Processing Office. Donald Davies (NPL), Paul Baran (RAND Corporation), and Leonard Kleinrock (MIT) developed and implemented packet switching. This list goes on and on.

However, the first use of a fully operational INTERNET appears to be around 1966, at a time Al Gore was what? Let me see - 18. The first recognized GLOBAL internet was around 1969 - 1970, when Gore was....let me see?? Oh ya - 21!

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
From Webster:

Invent:

3. to produce (as something useful) for the first time through the use of the imagination or of ingenious thinking and experiment

Create:

4a. to produce through imaginative skill

I think the words are somewhat interchangable.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
OK...if we are going to have a play on words - NO, I do not believe Al Gore even CREATED the internet, as he stated on a 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer.

What Newt Gingrich says I have no problem with and I understand that Gore, AS WELL AS OTHER MEMBERS, of the House and Senate played an important role in expanding the internet.

However, even your illustrious "Snopes", although they claim "False" on this subject, they quote the Wolf Blitzer interview AND they admit that it is OPEN to interpretation. "Snopes" claims Gore used bad choice of words. Sounds like "Snopes" is taking sides.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
DEBJACK WROTE (NOT ME!!!!):

"So, lying about inventing the internet, and cleaning up love canal give gore HOW much credibility? And, exactly what did he do in 8 years as VP to stop global warming?" -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I REPLIED:

"Probably, getting Bill's sloppy seconds."

That is sarcasm!!!! To most that would be pretty obvious.

....but, in answer to your question - NO....I do not believe Al Gore invented the internet. Nothing you quoted even remotely suggest that he PERSONALLY invented the internet. Yet, Al Gore, himself, stated he did.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JNM...Get off your high horse, you may not like the levity but that is what it was. I never even tried to pass it as truth.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"So, lying about inventing the internet, and cleaning up love canal give gore HOW much credibility? And, exactly what did he do in 8 years as VP to stop global warming?" -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Probably, getting Bill's sloppy seconds.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Goes to show how fucked up the Nobel foundation is neither one deserves the Nomination. Lets Nominate UBL, oh better yet Zarquoi WTF

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Well, lets take a look below the covers here.

Anyone can be nominated. Tookie Williams was nominated by some wack job Proffessor. Any non-profit political committee, University, Professor, Scientist, is eligible to 'nominate. The nomination process is a bunch of crap. Rush spent some time on this subject when Tookie Williams used it as an excuse to get a commuted sentence.

Al Gore and his cronies did some lobbying to get some 'independent' source to nominate him for the Peace Prize. This is attempt to get some headlines for Gore since he is being ignored in favor of Hillary Clinton and Obama.

Rush was nominated to take the headline away from Al Gore and shut the media up.

Now Al Gore and his gang have to explain to the world that the nomination process is a crock of s**t and his nomination doesnt amount to a hill of beans.

Weare NH
Username hidden
(13 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Al Gore and Rush Limbaugh nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize