Ahmadinejad speaks at Columbia : Swingers Discussion 87837
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAhmadinejad speaks at Columbia
TOPIC: Ahmadinejad speaks at Columbia
Created by: perfectmatch The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ahmadinejad was a hostage taker. Posted by James Lewis on December 15th, 2006

According to an astonishing report confirmed by former Iran President Abolhassan Bani-Sadr, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was indeed one of the 1979 hostage takers.

The confirmation comes from a book written by Mark Bowden, Guests of the Ayatollah: The First Battle in America’s War With Militant Islam. Bowden has produced an in-depth study of the 444-day hostage taking, which included mock executions and interrogations, run by a wildly paranoid group of Khomeini followers. Khomeini himself was utterly misinterpreted by the Carter administration as a peaceful religious figure — Andrew Young called him “some kind of saint” — when of course he turned out to be a murderous fanatic. As President, Jimmy Carter and his NSC Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinsky, refused to back the pro-American and modernizing Shah against the “peaceful” coup by a coalition of Khomeiniacs and Leftists. The CIA was utterly clueless, and when Khomeini’s articles were translated into English they turned out to be violently anti-Western, anti-American, anti-Christian and anti-Semitic. But the Carter Administration still denied the evidence of its own eyes.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
As long as we are in Iraq and our troops are "in the way" the US and Israel will work in concert. IF it happens you will see more activity than either Gulf War so as to knock out all we can in Syria and Iran. We cannot allow them to get off missiles at our troops in Iraq and also hit Israel. They will think it is a Holy War with both their countries burning...I say do it sooner than later!

We will need 4 aircraft carriers at full capability in the region and an unmeasurable stockpile of arms to reload the jets. Then agreements on where to fly our AF jets from with armament and fuel. You will think the "Mother of all Wars"! We have to do it before a coward of a leftist lib gets into office.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
"The Idea that we are in Iraq doesnt help Israel is foolish. we are actually behind enemy lines by being a perminante fixture there."

Let's see, I can think of three ways our presence in Iraq is more dangerous for Israel.

It inflames Arab sentiment against the West, and Israel is aligned with the west. Not that they need much more inflaming. ;-)

Insurgents are getting OJT in how to disrupt standing conventional armies in Iraq. When we leave, it is a lot easier to get to Israel from Iraq than it is to get to the United States. It is plausible that the insurgents will go to Israel.

Our current loss of material in Iraq may be a problem for Israel if they do get into a conventional war with another power. There may not be the material for replenishing our military and theirs at the same time.

I'm sure those that know more about this stuff can come up with more, but those are mine right off the top of my head.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
No kidding Poly, Now Israel has to worry about putting our troops in harms way if they attack!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
The Idea that we are in Iraq doesnt help Israel is foolish. we are actually behind enemy lines by being a perminante fixture there.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"So our presence in Iraq neither helps or hurts Israel?"

It probably does some of both.

And, why is it you think that we can not stay in Iraq and support Israel?

This is not really an either/or proposition.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s seemingly ridiculous claim that "we don’t have homosexuals, like in your country" masks the cruel reality that his government does far worse than ignore gays, human rights groups charge.

"There are criminal laws on the books in Iran that allows for people to be killed for being homosexual," said Paula Ettelbrick, executive director of the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission.

Just how many gays may have been killed — some say the figure is more than 400 — is impossible to determine. But Ahmadinejad’s flip follow-up answer to the question posed to him Monday at Columbia University — "We do not have this phenomenon. I don’t know who has told you that we have" — suggests he won’t take the issue seriously.

Human rights groups have long railed against the Iranian government’s persecution of gays, which Ettelbrick calls "a campaign by the government to draw attention to the risks of people expressing their sexuality." Some believe that repression has only worsened since Ahmadinejad became president.

"When I first heard his comments yesterday, I laughed," said Arsham Parsi, founder of the Toronto-based Iranian Queer Organization.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
These are legitimate questions I ask, Rational and none will answer them in a rational manor. Either change the subject or dont answer at all. And when they dont answer I figure I win...LOL And when they answer with nastyness I figure I win again.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I dont see Israel protesting our presence in the region do you? In fact they enjoy it...Without a doubt.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Iraq was a chess move and nothing more and it pissed Iran off. We did it first is all...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
TOPIC: Ahmadinejad speaks at Columbia