Ah Funny shit, right there : Swingers Discussion 2204951011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsAh Funny shit, right there
TOPIC: Ah Funny shit, right there
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 51   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Party:

"1. Your question is a straw man, but I will humor you and answer it anyway...Was Mrs Lanza an outlaw gun runner or law abiding gun owner? if indeed she was the ladder, she would not have owner the gun used in the killings had there been a ban"

Talk about a strawman's argument. A Chinese boy without any weapons training killed 32 people and wounded 17 with hand guns.

Hang guns are also used more often in any crime, yet you are laser focused on a weapon barely used in 2% of all crimes.

2) "2. How many crimes can you name committed with an M-16? Few? Any? Why? Because regulations DON'T WORK?"

I will have to ask you to rephrase this statement and or question as it doesn't make any sense.

3) Every part you labeled here can be made with a 3d printer. So now how about you start explaining how your bans are going to stop bad men from making their won weapons?

We have just suffered an attack by 2 terrorist, likely home grown. They were totally off the radar, so in their studies of how to make the bombs, they didn't kick up any red flags on known terrorist watch list... Otherwise we would have had some kind of file on them and facial recognition software would have picked up their files in our data bases.

Now factor in that for the cost of a AR-15, you can get the device that can make you as many parts to guns as you can feed it raw materials. (minus metal components which can't be replaced with plastic.)

In a one off like sandyhook... You only need the weapon to work for a few hundred rounds... You aren't likely to fire more than 500 at the most.

Any law which expends the amount of political capital that the left has wasted on this issue, ought to be future proof. These laws weren't, bans aren't future proof.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7582 posts)
"PP: Could you explain how an assault weapons ban could have stopped Newtown? While you're at it, you can tell us how the AR-15 is operationally different than the Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle (skip anything about how one has black plastic parts & the other has wood - just looking for how banning one would have prevented the other from being used in Newtown)"

1. Your question is a straw man, but I will humor you and answer it anyway...Was Mrs Lanza an outlaw gun runner or law abiding gun owner? if indeed she was the ladder, she would not have owner the gun used in the killings had there been a ban

2. How many crimes can you name committed with an M-16? Few? Any? Why? Because regulations DON'T WORK?

3. And finally, the most idiotic of all NRA cult talking points. " how the AR-15 is operationally different than the Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle" First and foremost, they are BOTH by definition,semi auto assault weapons, so you gave a bad example, so I will bolster your argument FOR you and use a better one ... how the AR-15 is operationally different than a hunting rifle that use 5.56mm/.223 ammo? .......lets take it a step at a time Pistol grip...reduces recoil and allows for greater mobility, changes of aim and and reduces shooter profile, also allows for longer use with less trigger fatigue, all useful for mass killings Barrel shroud...Allows the shooter to fire more rounds and hit more human targets Flash suppressor...stealth at night to avoid detection ( while committing mass murder) 30 Round magazine...30 human targets Optional long or double trigger... effectively creates an automatic weapon So,,,please save such nonsense for tea sipping liberals who mean well, but don't know WTF they are talking about

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Outdoors - I'm typing this very slowly so you can keep up. There is no such thing as a universal background check. There has been no proposal by any party to create a real universal background check. The bills proposed would not create a universal background check because mental health records are excluded and court restraining orders are not included.

Your "universal" check is against a database without the very people you claim you want to keep from having guns.

The second issue with the proposed "universal background check" legislation is that it's all based on solving a problem that no longer exists except for the two items above. The President & VP's continued use of the "40% of gun purchases are made without a background check" is blatantly false. They know it. They claim to base it on a 1997 DOJ study. However, that study did not measure purchases but measured transactions which include non-purchase events like gifts & inheritances. That study relied on data from before the Brady Bill was enacted.

Unfortunately the current Brady background check law is only checking against felons who are the least likely folks to be buying guns from a dealer (or at a gun show or via the internet - all which will subject them to a background check) which explains the low number (49 out of 77,000 flagged) of people prosecuted for background check violations.

Is anyone really surprised before background checks were required (by Brady) that a substantial number of transfers were made without one? DUH!

Do you think we should constrain fundamental rights based on the misrepresentation of a nearly 20 year old study? If the President lying about this is justification for passing this legislation is anything off-limits?

Westerly RI
Username hidden
(83 posts)
Talk about funny shit- I somehow forgot my DL the other day. When asked for ID because I hadn't signed the back of the CC I was using in a store, I showed them a CCW permit with my photo. They accepted that.

CCW Permit- it's not just for packin' a piece.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Yep having a CCW speeds things up in Virginia. I got a friend who has been waiting to pick up his pistol going on 7 weeks now in Maryland. He can't wait to move out of the state and back into Wv. or Va.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I have bought a few guns from classifieds(shotgun news), and had to have a background check. I have bought them from gun shows and had to have a background check.

I have bought antique firearms through the internet without background checks though.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19421 posts)
*wait

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Yes I do. I've never purchased a gun via the Internet, but I know someone who just did. He got a surprise when he went to pick up the gun and had to nwait for the check to be run.

The system was so busy he had to come back the next day to pick it up.

I've never had to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes to be walking out the door with a gun purchase. Helps to have permits from more than one state I guess.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good I am sure you know that there is already background checks for internet sales, They are shipped to a local FFL dealer to do the proper paper work.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Agreeing with, and not objecting to, are two different things.

While I don't really have an objection to a background check being required at gun shows, and on internet sales, I do have an objection to checks on private party sales.

Also, I am unsure what was all in the rejected bill and how they would perform the checks.

Funny how the ACLU wouldn't raise a ruckus about any language concerning mental health checks.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 51   End
TOPIC: Ah Funny shit, right there