Activist re- launches anti-toy gun campaign : Swingers Discussion 214143
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsActivist re- launches anti-toy gun campaign
TOPIC: Activist re- launches anti-toy gun campaign
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I find this idea to blame guns for the deaths of others funny. I also find the idea of banning toy guns equally amusing.

Before I had toy guns... I had my hands, then sticks... Then you guns.. Some even made noises.

The toy gun debate is not a real big issue anymore as most kids aren't playing with toys to begin with.. They play with x-box and play stations.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6875 posts)
We got all of our grandchildren (boys and girls) either toy or real guns for Christmas this year. Ahh it is good to be a Texas redneck.

Spring Branch TX

Username hidden
(301 posts)
The Second Amendment: George Washington did not use his right to free speech to defeat the British... He shot them.

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Good: Where I grew up it was the other way around. Most of us boys got our .22 at about 10 years old. It was only after learning to handling your .22 which was one to two years (which most of us meant 12) did our parents allow us to have BB guns. I think it was eye getting poked out thing...

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Well... I know ZZ feels that way about threads he starts. Disagree, and you will be blocked.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
NKKK seems to be off his meds again thinking he owns the threads and demanding others post the way he wants. Too fucking bad!

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
I guess I never answered the original question- going too far. In the eyes of their parents who would subscribe to that- no. In my eyes- well, it would depend on the kid, and whether the kid might be better off to grow up hugging a teddy bear afraid of things that their parents teach them to be afraid of.

But I'd be curious to know about why a parent who gives their child a toy gun suddenly decides that it was a bad idea.

Here's the thing, I grew up around guns. I can't remember exactly, but I believe I got a BB gun when I was 7 or 8.

I believe at 9 or 10 I was given a .410 shotgun, then a .22 rifle. Those were kept in a locked cabinet, nothing like the vault I now own. The BB gun was not locked away. I had access to that anytime.

And I had toy guns that I thought were pretty cool- cap guns, guns that shot plastic bullets, guns with grenade launchers, guns that made noise and guns that did nothing unless yiu said "bang". I admit I was envious of my brothers toy M-16. I didn't have one of those.

We knew the difference between a real gun and a toy gun. Before I had my own BB gun, my older brother got caught playing war with BB guns at a family friend's farm- he and the other boys shooting BBs at each other- well I bet his ass hurt for the next 5 years, and his BB gun was gone for a year- locked in the gun cabinet. No, no one shot their eye out, but I sure heard that phrase over and over as a kid.

I still have the BB gun given to me when I was a kid. The only "toy" I still have from my youth. And I still have that .410 and that .22 too. And I still respect them.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I asked a question FJerk. I never said I was for or against it. You, in your usual knee-jerk style jumped to all kinds of conclusions. Like I knew you would...

You're too easy. All I need is a hoop to set on fire and tell you to jump through it.

I'm getting bored messing with your head. You're not even a challenge anymore...

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
fj;I'am not going to stand behind you,I will stand next to you if need be.libbers are not in touch with realalty,they are off in space some wear.don't ask them where,cause they don't know..........BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
TBR, I do not know anyone who wants everyone to carry. I do know considerable people who want to outlaw all guns, including toy guns.

Even with a state such as NC where anyone can carry, as long as they are not a felon, there is not a horde of people carrying. There are not gunfights in the streets, except for Durham, but they are the only city that requires firearm registration. Oddly they have the highest crime.

People who have fear of firearms should not carry. Carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility that most people are unwilling to take. But most of these people are not the ones banging the drums. It is the control freaks that do not like people who are responsible enough to stand on their own two feet.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Activist re- launches anti-toy gun campaign