Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Abortion
TOPIC: Abortion
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   31 to 37 of 37 
User Details are only visible to members.
maybe someone smarter than I could tell me this.

It's legal to abort a fetus up until the day it comes out and takes a breath. but if you kill it after it breaths it's murder. I fail to see the difference. If the kid is viable.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I personally think aboriton is wrong, that being said I would not restrict a womans right to have a 1st tri-mester abortion. I certainly would encourage women to use the morning after pill.

I do not know when life begins. But I can tell you I'm firmly opposed to late term abortions. If the fetus,zygote, BABY can survive outside the womb, I think killing it in the womb should be a crime. It comes down to personal responsibility, if you get pregnant and don't want the kid, get rid of it early. No reason to wait until the 2nd or 3rd trimester to do it. It's personal responsibility.

But it's not an issue I even really give a shit about and will not directly effect me. So live how you want.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I posted these questions in the other thread but thought they were more appropriate here.

1: Would you vote to criminalize abortion?

2: What penaltes would you have in place for the woman who has one?

You can't have one without the other...if there is a crime, there must be a punishment!

And Scorp, I apologize if you think I am the one trying to tell you that you can't have an opinion, that is not the case. I just think too many people like to shout MURDER but back-peddle when confronted with the notion of throwing women in jail. I happen to enjoy the differing sides of this debate and am offering nothing more than thought-provoking questions.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12326 posts)
here is some from the mayo clinic..

The morning-after pill — a form of emergency birth control — is used to prevent a woman from becoming pregnant after she has had unprotected vaginal intercourse. Morning-after pills are generally considered safe, but many women are unaware that they exist. Here's how the morning-after pill works.

Human conception rarely occurs immediately after intercourse. Instead, it occurs as long as several days later, after ovulation. During the time between intercourse and conception, sperm continue to travel through the fallopian tube until the egg appears. So taking emergency birth control the "morning after" isn't too late to prevent pregnancy.

The active ingredients in morning-after pills are similar to those in birth control pills, except in higher doses. Some morning-after pills contain only one hormone, progestin (Plan B), and others contain two, progestin and estrogen. Progestin prevents the sperm from reaching the egg and keeps a fertilized egg from attaching to the wall of the uterus (implantation). Estrogen stops the ovaries from releasing eggs (ovulation) that can be fertilized by sperm.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
scorpy, it is available at a pharmacy without a prescription if you are over 18 in most places i believe.

having done some research i believe my earlier thoughts were in error as to the difference between the mornin after pill and abortion, at least in theory..

in theory the morning after pill works before implantation, they are medically and legally considered forms of contraception. Some pro-life groups define pregnancy as beginning with fertilization, and therefor consider it to be a form of abortion..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
i will translate for her as she often does for me... she meant conception at least i think, haha..

ah M, this will be an interesting thread for sure....

first, i don't believe abortion is murder. as for those who do, the most "aggressive" pro-lifers are "against" the morning after pill for the same reasons as they are against abortion. for those who differentiate between the two i would say that their argument is based upon the intial zygote or whatever not being a "person" at that point and thus using a day after pills is not murder.

they problem with all debates on abortion is that everyone presents their opinion as "fact" when in reality it is all opinion. it is like arguing the existence of god...

we shall see how it goes...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
"Life starts during inception."

When is inception?

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   31 to 37 of 37 
TOPIC: Abortion