A post that's taylor made for our friend Zango : Swingers Discussion 825261021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsA post that's taylor made for our friend Zango
TOPIC: A post that's taylor made for our friend Zango
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks for the sexy compliment Lucky! ; ) I felt a little left out of Zingbats' mudslinging (LMAO!! not!!!) so I figured I'd offer him a free shot. Words are words and can't harm anyone unless they decide to be hurt, offended, or harassed by them. Damn!! Too many babble books in my time off! ; ) ROFLMAO!! I'm in complete agreement with you Lucky--let's just ignore him--it might drive him CRAZY!!! LOL Oh! That's right! He already is!! And once again I said "WTF??!!!" after reading his post back at me.....hmmmm..... so sorry Zing Camel--you aren't climbing into my bed!!!! EVER!! Maybe you should look up Alice in Wonderland--she's more your speed (or should I say LSD, cocaine, marijuana, meth...?)

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
After the camel man leaves your bedroom, pussy977, do you need to vacuum the camel hair from your bed?

case in point...

His need for attention has helped in his own little world but his needs now exceeds his expectations here in SLS land.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Is that a comb over? LOLOLOLOL

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
you say something zero? I saw you deleted a post coward...

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Wouldn't that be "calling the kettle black?" LMAO!!!! Every time I read your posts Zing, I think "WTF??!!" You must long for attention and this is your way of getting it. So, as per your operative, go ahead and take a stab at me now. Gosh forbid anyone else has an opinion besides you! And so that you understand what I'm trying to say----"HONK YOU!" LMAO!!

Hi Pussy wink wink!!! you are so hot...

With his posts, Insult of family members, and over all Bull shit show he knows nothing of world affairs. His need for attention has helped in his own little world but his needs now exceed his expectations here in SLS land. In fact it is working in his favor since the forum have become all about him. I send out now a challenge to all in SLS land to ignore his tripe and discuss issues. Not Bull Shit.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
" Like all other deviants who present themselves as experts or authorities on a variety of subjects here in the Mayberry SLS forums, your resort to depravity after being deprecatory."

Wouldn't that be "calling the kettle black?" LMAO!!!! Every time I read your posts Zing, I think "WTF??!!" You must long for attention and this is your way of getting it. So, as per your operative, go ahead and take a stab at me now. Gosh forbid anyone else has an opinion besides you! And so that you understand what I'm trying to say----"HONK YOU!" LMAO!!

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
I rest my case...........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
His findings make perfect sense when you think about the nature of language. Every sentence and paragraph of writing is an organic whole; a writer's style is, too. Taking a sentence and swapping in synonyms plucked from a thesaurus is bound to warp the meaning and clarity of a sentence, because synonyms are not mathematical equals: They all have slightly different shadings. Describe someone as "angry" and it means one thing; describe them as "choleric" or "furious" or "splenetic" -- all synonyms offered up by Thesaurus(dot)com -- and you're saying something slightly different. When an essay is filled with these sort of swapped-in synonyms, it winds up having Frankenstein seams: You can feel its cognitive artificiality, its constipated straining to convey a higher meaning. No wonder the judges thought these essays seemed dumber.

Posted by Clive Thompson at April 20, 2006 12:43 AM

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Then Oppenheimer gave all the writing samples -- the original, simple ones and the modified, flowery ones -- to 71 students to evaluate. The result? As the grandiosity and complexity of the language increased, the judges' estimation of the intelligence of the authors decreased. Oppenheimer wrote up his results in a paper with the gorgeously ironic title "Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilized Irrespective of Necessity: Problems with Using Long Words Needlessly."

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
April 20, 2006 Study: Using big words needlessly makes you seem stupider

Everyone knows how college students will try to make themselves sound smarter by reaching for the thesaurus and using big, ponderous words they barely understand. But now a new study shows that readers can see through this. Daniel Oppenheimer, a psychologist at Princeton, took a handful of writing samples and used a thesaurus to replace the simple words with needlessly flowery ones. As the Bad Language blog notes:

He created a "highly complex" version of each original text by replacing each noun, verb and adjective in it with the longest synonym. This is the kind of writing by thesaurus that many business people and techies employ when they want to sound knowledgeable and important or because they think writing like they speak will make them sound lightweight.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
TOPIC: A post that's taylor made for our friend Zango