A local Swinger's club is on Bill O'rielly : Swingers Discussion 930951011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsA local Swinger's club is on Bill O'rielly
TOPIC: A local Swinger's club is on Bill O'rielly
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
the pit is for profit and due to the news coverage and the owners name exposed all there has to be is 1 call to the IRS and the trouble they will have will cause even their attorney to run far away.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Joe Dues? That's interesting; that can apply to non-profit organizations and for-profit businesses as well.

You've played the devil's advocate well. In this situation, it still is a for-profit business because the funding does not provide any benefit to the community, specific or otherwise. Therefore, in my opinion, the establishment is a "business" subject to local ordinances. In other words, they're screwed. They are clearly not a non-profit.

I could go on explaining the legal structure of a non-;but then, it will put you to sleep.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Would it make a difference if they changed the word donation to "dues" and had the members pay the "dues" every week or every month online. Call the parties, "meetings" or "socials"? Forgive for playing devil's advocate here, but I just have a feeling that there is a legal way they can still do what they are doing.

I still feel that if their neighbors don't hear or see anything disturbing, then they can't really complain about what people want to do in their own house. The main complaint is that they are having sex in the house. The neighbors wouldn't care if it was some kind of Christian social club that charged money at the door. But the fire code is a good argument. But does that mean that even private parties that charge no money can be shut down if they have alot of people? It's not illegal for your neighbors not to like what you're doing in your own home. I think that's what's driving this more so than the other legal factors. I'm telling ya it's just a matter of time before some religious cult or group finds themselves in the same situation.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
i just re-read Joe's comments on the show whereby the participant feels their right was infringed upon by the government by not allowing them to have their private parties.

The right was removed when they started charging (call it donations, contributions etc...). Once the place accepts money, the rights become privileges. And the government now has the authority to deny those.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Dar brings out two critical points: Donations and zoning.

The swing clubs are operating as a "for profit" basis in an area that may not have cleared with the city. I'm being redundant here but Dar is correct on both points.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
How can it be a donation if they set amounts??? They may let the ones that make noise in, but it's obvious it's a cover charge.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
"suggested donations"...........oh hell honestly, if someone went in undercover and wanted to pay 5 biucks, they would be in deep shit if they turn that person away. Then again I never found that unusual that's any swinger's club you go to.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Now that's the best arguement I have heard. I don't go there anymore anyway really, they want 60 bucks for single guys. Although I still support their right to exist. I think the best arguement the city could have used, would have been calling the home a "hotel" renting space to it's guests for a period of time. But Texas may start going after non-residential swinger's clubs. As I stated earlier they already have a surcharge on strip clubs, Swinger's clubs may not be too far behind.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Joe, no putting the cat back into the bag on this one...the IRS may become involved, raids to chase the people away, DWI checkpoints, I would be scared to go there, no sense in risking it. I don't care if it is a weekly Tupperware party, it is a residential neighborhood. The "donations" are voluntary, when the people stop paying and get in free every weekend the owners who used to make money on the deal will voluntarily close anyway. Besides as they stated the doors are locked when everyone gets inside, this is very dangerous, a fire could kill many. it is not a safe place to go and should be closed down.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
So from what I understand. Parking and Noise are the biggest issues right? Ok. They have off site parking now. People are taken to the house from a seperate location. The House is sound proofed very well. No noise complaints from their neighbors....ever. Those two issues were taken care off, it's just the Swingers Club aspect people have a problem with. If it were any other type of club, they would not be bothered if they took the same steps the cherry pit had taken to reduce the impact on the neighborhood. I've been there, and You can't hear anything coming out of that house, even at the front door.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
TOPIC: A local Swinger's club is on Bill O'rielly