Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics A Vote for Revenge
TOPIC: A Vote for Revenge
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 58   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I fail to understand how someone could have served in the military and has been to college and still only as skills that earn them minimum wage."

To be fair there are some military jobs that do not have corresponding civilian counterparts. A Bowswains mate in the Navy would be an example. Also a college liberal arts degree will not get you the best of jobs. Not saying this applies in Robert"s case, but it could.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
An old sea chanty was a lamentation about the earnings of a seaman from Indiana, "A dollar a day is a Hoosiers pay." What value does Indiana really offer to the future of America? Seamen deprived of a living wage could be ready to vote for revenge.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7083 posts)
"I fail to understand how someone could have served in the military and has been to college and still only as skills that earn them minimum wage. "

Considering how he whines, and how he goofs of on his job, I'm really surprised he has a job. The mine foreman must be desperate.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
I've never had to work for minimum wage in my life. Even in High school I took the harder manual labor jobs in the oil field over ones like flipping burgers because they paid better. After 8 years in the Navy I had marketable skills that let me always make a good living.

I fail to understand how someone could have served in the military and has been to college and still only as skills that earn them minimum wage.

It has been my experience that most companies only pay the lowest skilled workers minimum wage. The ones easiest to replace and therefore not as valuable to the company.

Odessa TX
Username hidden
(451 posts)
"Offering something that the employee cannot obtain isn't offering anything at all."

Almost all full time employees will take the company insurance. You are not going to find it cheaper anywhere else.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
America's Million Puppet March in Washington, D.C. over this weekend prior to the national election is a vote for revenge against the hateful Republic-con Party hoard who hate the children's theater workshop and the enormous appeal of teevee programming that offers hate-free, good citizenship programming for American patriot children.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7083 posts)
Remember, today is national buy ammo day...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
LQQK:

"I'm not sure that I agree with that. I think most large companies offer Health Care, the difference now, being the amount paid by the employee, a deductible and what is covered now compared to then."

Offering something that the employee cannot obtain isn't offering anything at all.

When you pay minimum wage (+2 USD doesn't amount to much above minimum) as most companies do... and only give ten cent raises yearly... You know the offer of insurance is a false offer so to say on paper that you offer insurance.

Examples of how offered insurance is out of reach. 1) employer not offering enough hours so to keep from paying benefits. 2) the amount paid by the employer being too little for a minimum wage or even a little above minimum wage earner to afford. 12USD x 50hours = 600 USD, 600USD x 4weeks = 2400USD monthly, 2400USD monthly x 12 months = 28,888 yearly.

Try raising a family on 28,000 USD. really you are rounding down to 25,000 for the days you must take off for medical needs of your children. (they become sick and no one is home to tend to them, schools will not keep the children... they will call child an youth, to report your failure to care for your child as abuse.)

Remember that for one person to live and not add to the economy.. your expenses are around 13,000 USD yearly. Now you add in raising 2-3 kids and all the extra expenses which come with kids... You are either near or at 25,000 USD.

You cannot afford 200-400 USD per month for health insurance.

Write offs might help a little... But you cannot count on them. Anyone budgeting in hopes that they will qualify, or that the government doesn't change something without you knowing is a fool.

Now some of you might tray and say it takes two to make a kid... Which you are correct. However you must base your system off the assumption that one parent (typically the father/fathers) are dead beats or worst... abusive and the mother must keep her children safe from said persons. If she files for child support, the father is entitled to shared custody of their kid, until a court states otherwise.

While this is generally a good law in the cases of non-dead beat (non-abusive, drunks, drugies, other men undeserving of the title father) must be kept from ruining said children. Sadly the only way a single mother can afford to ensure this is to flee the area in which the dead beat lives... Often the state. (I personally know such a mother and no the kids aren't mine.)

Companies have had 60 years to get affordable and meaningful insurance into the hands of their employees... they have failed. Now those who can pay for the whole, will be made to pay. Don't like this fact? Move to Pakistan or some other uncivilized nation, because you aren't worthy of that US citizenship you may hold if you aren't concerned about and promoting the good health of all your fellow citizens in this nation. (the US)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
"Good for you! That's not general reality for the majority of Americans today .... "

I'm not sure that I agree with that. I think most large companies offer Health Care, the difference now, being the amount paid by the employee, a deductible and what is covered now compared to then.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
"I've never worked for a company that didn't offer health insurance for all of it's employees no matter what there income bracket. "

Good for you! That's not general reality for the majority of Americans today ....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 58   End
TOPIC: A Vote for Revenge