A Liberal challenge : Swingers Discussion 888861061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsA Liberal challenge
TOPIC: A Liberal challenge
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 80   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I remembered that right after I hit the Submit button.

Sorry.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
You are right, private enterprise builds them all or can easily at a fraction of the cost...we do NOT need to steal from the rich to give to the weak.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
C'mon! Remember why this thread was started. Don't fall into the trap!

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Yeah, like the Federal Highways, Tennessee Valley Authority, Medicare, FDA, most research on new drugs, etc, etc.

Them damn Feds can't do anything right.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
The LAST thing we need is any solution, caused by, run by or overseen by the federal Government. The Communism/liberal way has been shown to be wrong and our form of government needs business/entrepreneur types and NO lawyers.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I also believe that much of the strife in the world is caused by this. So why don't you and your family consolidate your communication devices into one unit each? It'd be a start. ;-) On a broader sense, a top- down reorganization of industries; agriculture, manufacturing, communications, transportation, etc. (think a green ISO #### type program) to eliminate such wasteful outcomes could be called for. I think to do it well, however, the research and development phase would probably last well into 3 administrations!

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
What I mean by disruption is that we will have to reduce, or maybe change, our standard of living in this country.

When I look around at the material wealth I have accumulated in the past couple of years, all I can say is wow. One example, me, my wife, and our 14 year old son each have two cell phones.

I don't believe there are enough resources to raise everyone to our standard of living. So, either a bunch of people will have to die, or we will have to reduce our consumption to raise others up.

Not to change the subject, but it is my belief that much of the strife in the world is due to unequal distribution of resources. And that will be a continued source of trouble for us.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
No worries mate! I'm a proud "doom and gloom-er". But I would like to see some steps taken to avoid the worst case scenarios I plan for. Like maybe these "disruptions you allude to?

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
As to your original question, no.

Whether liberal or conservative, the ruling elite lacks to will (intestinal fortitude, whatever you want to call it), to change our present course.

Add to that the widespread belief that the world is overpopulated with humans, that our numbers need to be reduced by probably two thirds to return to homeostasis, and we have probably passed the point of no return already.

So what we need is some cataclysmic event to change our way of thinking. Hopefully enough of us will survive to rebuild.

And before you say I am a doom and gloomer, I have an unbounded faith in my fellow man to come up with something that will save the day. In fact, I believe we could do it now, with some disruption.

I believe it is will, not technology, that will do us in. Our own pride, if you will.

Cheers

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Very true. I feel that the recent push for E85 is more based on agri- business lobbying than good science. What are the "Other Biofuels" that study alluded to? My friends have converted a bus to bio- diesel. It runs on NOTHING but vegetable oil, emits water vapor. Their most common problem is filtering of the fuel, something just 15- 25 microns wide can foul the engine. Also, these same friends are experimenting with farming algae for oil. Some strains of algae are %60- 80 oil by volume! I have to confess I haven't done the research (I did ride in the bus though!) but my friends are already designing their grow tanks. I'll ask them for links/ references when I'm back in Michigan this weekend.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 80   End
TOPIC: A Liberal challenge