A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror : Swingers Discussion 826591031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsA Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror
TOPIC: A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   31 to 40 of 117   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Destin

I disagree with that last statement. The president is elected for a 4 year term and then gets re-affirmed or tossed out on his ears or re-elected. The House of Representatives however ARE to represent the "will of the people" on a continual basis. Have you not heard the term..."contact your congressman"? Contacting your congressman is the grass roots to have those representatives to act upon the "will of the people". Then consider that especially the House was never meant to be the full time job that it is today. The congressman were actually part time workers and were to spend the majority of their time in their home districts talking to their constituents and then carry that message/effort back to Washington, DC to what......"represent the will of the people".

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Tbr, that is why we have elections not polls to elect people...Bush is doing the work for the people who elected him. During a war you have to make decisions based on more than polls because you know much more than the average Joe does(intelligence, ground commanders, politics in other countries).

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Korea-ended on Republican administration-draw

Sens wasnt that Harry S. Truman? Democrat Missouri That sent us and stopped McArthur from winning a true victory in Korea?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I will disagree with that on only one issue.

As our elected representatives, the President and all the others should "follow the will of the people."

The people frequently get it right long before the politicians. Not always, but why do you think they are called representatives. So they can represent us.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
tbr's comments were all reasonable concerns. I would like to address them.

tbr wrote: "I have not seen any liberal on this board advocate the murder of innocent Iraqi women and children, have seen it from conservatives."

I concur with those that are of the opinion that pulling out is advocating "the murder of innocent Iraqi women and children". Any poster who identifies themselves as a conservative that has stated innocent women and children should be killed does not speak for me nor I would bet most of the conservatives on here. -------------------------------------------------------

tbr wrote: "I have not seen any liberal on this board advocate the murder of a Presidential candidate, have seen it from conservatives."

Sorry, but that has been said or inferred about our sitting President, Vice President, Secretary Rice and Donald Rumsfield. However, either individual posters delete and then deny their comments or whole forums have been removed by the website management. -------------------------------------------------------

tbr wrote: "I have not seen the child of a sitting President derided because she was ugly, have seen that from conservatives."

Again, as I previously stated the attacks on the Bush twins were made and deleted or may still be in past forums. --------------------------------------------------------

tbr wrote: "There is a difference between opposing the President's plans and advocating harm upon innocent humans."

I concur. I disagree with many strategies of this administration. However, President Bush and his Administration are not the great "satan" that many posters on here seem to be convinced he/they are. We elect a President to make the hard decisions, we don't elect a President to hold "encounter groups", opinion polls or to "follow the will of the people" so he or she can make a decisions based on "feelings". No matter who is President, no matter what that person does you will always have a group that either wants to impeach them, claim they stole an election or compare them to the devil. I don't condone any of those things or the things that tbr claims above, but there are always two or more sides to every story.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
FISA need to be reauthorized as it is written...tell your dems in congress not to weaken the fight on terrorism!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
whatever...ok I am through, you are just saying the same thing over and over again... there is no point to saying more as no one is listening, we have no input in the ending and none on policy, so to us it is a moot point. I am telling you the UNsubcribe button is the best thing going!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I made no claim to have the answer.

I simply stated that the historical record shows that there has been 1 successful counter insurgency in the past 100 years, and probably at least a dozen unsuccessful. A reasonable conclusion would be that the insurgents over time have been more successful at adapting their tactics than the conventional forces.

The general consensus amongst the experts (and I am not one) is that the most successful tactic is to win the hearts and minds of the indigenous population. Focus on body counts is generally seen as one of the least effective.

It seems to me that trying to kill all the insurgents in a region well known for blood feuds that go back a thousand years will only result in more insurgents.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
Looks like some people need some reading comprehension assistance.

No where have a said I detest the military. In fact, Destin, on at least two occasions I have thanked you for your service.

And why is it that have never served have no right to comment on the execution of a war? Many of our Presidents either did not serve, or never saw combat, yet successfully prosecuted wars. Wilson and Roosevelt come to mind. And some of our least successful Presidents have been former military men. Grant and Carter come to mind.

WWI and II were not primarily insurgencies. However, the Russian and French resistance were important in the defeat of Germany. The record of counter insurgencies is poor. Most of the time they don't work. Most of the time the larger power is forced to withdraw. You can use any reasoning you want, but the historical record is clear.

The key, as several others have said, is to change the tactics and find something that works at that place at that time. There is an old saying in the mental health business, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."

IMHO, a total pullout of US forces would be a humanitarian disaster. However, our present course is counterproductive, as well. None of our choices in this situation are especially good.

Lets hope we can figure this one out.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
TBR's feelings and expressions about the war on these pages is what is wrong with America today....Libs always start something but never finish, detest the military and leave our tropps to die in the fields...Fuck all of you...I watched you do it in VN...you voted for this war with the same info the President ...grow a backbone, stop playing politics, grab some Patriotism and stand with America...stop siding with the enemy like your lib leaders in congress have done...break away, be free...there are much worse thing to be called in life than being called a PATRIOT.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   31 to 40 of 117   End
TOPIC: A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror