Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror
TOPIC: A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 117   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Jack

"Pete, the coffee analogy is an over simplification of polling techniques. But, you knew that, lol. "

I knew I had to be simple for you Jack. LOL j/k

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Pete, I understand what you are saying, but no war can be run by trends and polls, the Pres. is Commander in Chief, he has final call. Thank God the lib's do not. Now Bush is doing what is right, no matter the politics, the libs are just playing politics to get votes and could care less what is right.

We were defeated by a cowardly congress in Viet Nam, I am glad the same is not being allowed to happen today, especially for our troops, but also for America's security.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Jack

I didn't say run the war by polls. But what I did say is that 50 different polls by 50 different sources all saying the same thing is the "trend" of the nations thoughts and express the "will of the people".

If 7 out of 10 people polled on each of 50 different polls say the coffee is bad, then the coffee IS most likely bad and you should change providers. LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
But it failed because of the actions of Truman. Had we stayed on a course of victory instead of retreat they would have been forced to Capitulate. I read fine and I know history. Truman was a Pussy. Eisenhower inherited a losing and failed policy, Just Like Viet Nam Dems. love to start a fight but cant finish them and leave it to republicans to take the heat for their original fuck ups. 1962 Dems held congress and the White house. Viet Nam, 1951 Truman left the Marines to hang on by a hair in Korea.Trumans contribution to the UN and to a nearly failed policy in Southeast Asia. Thank God Eisenhower had the balls to get the fuck out and still managed to keep South Korea intact.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lucky-time for some reading comprehension.

Korea-ended on a Republican administration-loss

A war is not lost until someone says uncle. The Republicans said uncle.

And Akron-where did I say the United States was a democracy? Constitutional Federal Republic-That's one of the reasons we have representatives. If we were a true democracy, we would have no time to do anything but vote on shit.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17436 posts)
Destin

My point was missed by you. My point was that the House and Senate (especially the House) are there to exercise the "will of the people". Their job is to reign in a president that is NOT fulfilling the will of the people (heard of impeachment? that's just one way to reign in a rougue president, cutting funding is another and the list goes on). Therefore, basically the entire government is there to do the bidding of the people. At the start there were no polls of the extent that there is now. While a single poll maybe should not be 100% taken for granted you can still get a trend of the "peoples" desires over many many polls combined. How many polls are there on the same issues. CNN, ABC, FOX, this poll that poll. And I'm sorry but the "majority" has changed in the last two years for the support of this president and this war, like it or not. Bush didn't even get a bump in all the polls from the people who want a change in the prosecution of this war. He did get a bump of 15% from the republican voters but did not sway dems and independents. Those desiring a change....only changed by 1% (less favorable I believe) following the General's report and his speach to the nation.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Truman was President when the war started. MacArthur was relieved of command because of differences on war policy. Specifically, MacArthur wanted to attack supply bases and such in China, Truman disagreed, fearing a larger war. So I was right, In war a tie is a lose. Dems 1 and 1. And we are still paying for Trumans cowardice.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of America and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all....

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
That is what I said, elected(we do not reaffirm as you called it) and since he was REelected he is still doing what we want him to do....the majority that is...good thing or we might be wearing turbans and burka's by now listening to our appeasement cowardly lib's.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
"Korea-ended on Republican administration-draw

Sens wasnt that Harry S. Truman? Democrat Missouri That sent us and stopped McArthur from winning a true victory in Korea?"

Truman was President when the war started. MacArthur was relieved of command because of differences on war policy. Specifically, MacArthur wanted to attack supply bases and such in China, Truman disagreed, fearing a larger war.

Eisenhower was elected in 1952 and brought the war to conclusion in July 1953. Well, actually not conclusion, since no peace treaty was signed, and the state of war still exists between the North and the South.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17436 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 117   End
TOPIC: A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror