A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror : Swingers Discussion 826591011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsA Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror
TOPIC: A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 117   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I was wondering, When was the last time that happened JNM. I will look it up.

A better question would be, When was the last time the congress actually worked together to make this country stronger and a better place to live.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I love it when I am right!!! Truman had to be begged to drop the bomb saving millions of american lives.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Jack

Let me come back to this for a second.

"Oh, swat your wife's ass for the insult about keep it simple for me joke,, LOL.

Maybe she will hit you for me, lol. "

Now although that raises some interesting possibilities I'm gonna forego swatting my wife's ass for you cause you don't share! And she don't need a reason of any kind to hit me lol.

And furthermore, I'm not aiming any more ass at you until you return the favor and point Deb's ass at me. na na nana LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Destin

"Good grief Pete...then after 200 years change them... I bet Washington Lincoln and FDR disagree and are glad you are a small minority f the American system. "

Well I gave you a short rebuttal answer to your "that's the way it is whether you like it or not rebuttal". The laws can be changed and have been changed. How many amendments to the constitution?

I agree that the president is the commander of the military but he does not have constitutional authority to "declare" war.....only congress can actually declare war. In the case of Iraq this president got the permission from congress and the president can commit troops in the short term but is required to report back to congress periodically. And then finally the congress controls the money. So if they don't appropriate the money troop committment can not be continued. Now that is the cold hard facts. So what it really comes down to is whether or not the congress has the balls to stop the money flow......this one does not as of yet.

And by the way, exactly what minority of America am I a part of?

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Good grief Pete...then after 200 years change them... I bet Washington Lincoln and FDR disagree and are glad you are a small minority f the American system.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Des

If that were the case (and you know by now I don't believe it is), laws can be changed! LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Agree or disagree all you want, it is the law and that is the way it is..lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Destin

We'll just have to agree to disagree about who has the final say. It's just my humble opinion that if the congress is truly representing the people, we should not have to wait up to 4 years to "correct the course" of a rougue president. And no I'm not saying GW is a rougue but if I were, it would only be my opinion not fact. But I'm entitled to my opinion, right? In the case of a war that no one wants, remedies could be impeachment (not gonna happen here cause nobody wants Cheney LOL), or cut off funding (which is in the power of the legislature, or specify what funding can be spent for (another power of legislature in my opinion), or partially funding and I'm sure other remedies.

If the legislature was to cut funding for example there can be no war, they'd have to come home. Will it happen.....not in my opinion. What is more likely to happen (but obviously not a certainty) is that the election of 2008 will put additional democrats in congress adding to their majority and possibly to a veto proof majority. But then you'd probably slit your throat wouldn't you?? LOL And heaven forbid if the president were also a democrat. Would there be any saving Destin?? LOL That's a joke Des, don't take it personally.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Pete, We are in America, the President, not Congress is the Commander in Chief, he alone make the final decision, not congress, not you or I. Now Congress can vote against what he decides but it makes no difference unless they can override his veto. Now, next election, you can vote for a "change" but there are no guarantees the elected President of your choice will do all you want him to do.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Destin

"Pete, I understand what you are saying, but no war can be run by trends and polls, the Pres. is Commander in Chief, he has final call. Thank God the lib's do not. Now Bush is doing what is right, no matter the politics, the libs are just playing politics to get votes and could care less what is right. "

Destin, I also understand your point but disagree with you on a couple of points. The "final call" is ours not GW's and that is exercised through the houses of congress which are our "direct" representatives, who IMO "are" supposed to do our bidding not their own. They must listen to their constituents at home and watch the "trends" of the American sentiment and act accordingly.

As far as GW doing what is right. That is a matter of opinion only. Yours is that he is doing what is right as others think is is not. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. Further, not only are we entitled to our opinion but we are also entitled to express that opinion without being called traitors and cowards because that opinion differs.

I can give you at least one democrat that I do not think is playing politics but does not agree with this conflict. That Senator is Webb. I especially believe this gentlemen because he has a vested interest. His father, himself were once deployed and now his own son is deployed in Iraq.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 117   End
TOPIC: A Democratic Administration's plan to fight The War On Terror