5 hurt at gun shows : Swingers Discussion 21555610101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPolitics5 hurt at gun shows
TOPIC: 5 hurt at gun shows
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Start   101 to 110 of 162   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A former cop, trained professional, years of training with guns.

Still didn't stop him from going off and shooting people.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
Were any of the innocent victims armed?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
FRANKLIN COUNTY, PA - Pennsylvania State Police are investigating a murder-suicide in Washington Township.

The shooting happened around 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday on the 13,000 block of Mar Penn Avenue. Police say John Fleagle shot and killed his wife, Cathy, with a handgun at their home in Rouzerville.

He then shot his wife's son, Mitchell Robinson, 18, in the arm and then shot and killed himself. Pennsylvania State Police were contacted to handle the investigation because John Fleagle was a former police officer for the Washington Township Police Department.

Cathy Fleagle had been working as an administrator for the department.

The motive for the shootings is unknown.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
There is no hope for ANYBODY that thinks a gunshot wound is funny.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(318 posts)
Over 100,000 Americans are hit by bullets every year. Some are hit more than once. If one in a million bullets hits a person, that's 100 billion shots fired to account for the dead and injured.

If it's many more than that, you're approaching a trillion bullets fired in America. Crime, hunting, target practice. Every year. That's also about 5000 per adult.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
A gun's intended use is to shoot at and hit a target. It's a safe bet in the US that the target, 999,999 times out of 1,000,000 shots fired that the target is an inanimate object.

The 1,000,000th time is usually a critter- deer, duck, pheasant, groundgrinder or whatever. The number of times the intended target is a human being would require using a number far in excess of 1,000,000.

You can save the bandwidth posting your "yeahbut", you've already explained that your view of guns is that they are solely to kill or maim.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"Nowhere have I ever seen you post that a gun was used for a sporting use, target practice, a collectors item, etc.," ==========

A "collector's item" sounds like one that's not used. Like a painted saw, it's a saw that's not actually used any more for sawing.

A "sporting use" would be what? -- Hunting? Yeah, we've talked about hunting several times here.

"Target practice" just sounds like practicing the use of the tool, not using the tool for it's purpose. You might practice using a hammer by pounding nails into a board. But you aren't quite building anything. Tools are supposed to be useful, aren't they?

Because these scenarios are pretty trivial compared to the taking of lives, we don't have to give much thought to them. It has nothing whatsoever to do with "media sensationalism". Mass killing is gruesome, and it bothers almost everyone.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
*Tell me, how many tires have you blown? *

Priceless!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Seriously? OK then...

Inflating a tire IS a violent activity. Thanks for making me realize that.

Tell me, how many tires have you blown?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
You know, you are right and I missed this. People like to shoot. I just figured it was necessary to practice shooting, to get better at it, so that you can kill something or someone, should the need arise.

To hold an explosion in my hands does not sound like fun, any more than over-inflating a tire and having it blow up. Or playing shoot-em-up video games. Or wrecking cars, real or virtual. Or any other violent situation.

So the bullets placed in or near or beyond inert targets have not killed or maimed anyone, and therefore guns mostly don't do any extreme harm. I also don't see them doing any particular good, except for some feeling you may get from firing them.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Start   101 to 110 of 162   End
TOPIC: 5 hurt at gun shows