Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics 5 hurt at gun shows
TOPIC: 5 hurt at gun shows
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 162   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sedu:

Which by requiring mental fitness for ownership/possession of fire arms would reduce the occurances of these cases, while ensureing the continued freedom for law abiding citizens who are mentally fit enough to own a gun to do so.

Will it stop the wacko who obtains their guns illegally? No. Will it make the obtaining of said guns harder if their parents can't have the guns in the hous with a mentally sick person? Yes. Sandyhook wouldn't have happened if his mother couldn't store the guns in the house.

In the case if sandyhook, the AR-15 wasn't used, only hand guns were used.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
*Let me make one thing clear, I support the second amendment, but I support it as it was written and the way the courts have ruled on it in Miller and Heller, not the twisted view by some that the framers created the 2nd amendment as a self destruct button in the event a plurality of the people had an election not go their way, the notion is absurd. I would also point out that in Heller v US, THE most conservative judge on the high court ruled not all classes of weapons, including assault rifles (and YES, the AR-15 IS an assault rifle, as shown by pre 2004 Remington catalogs) were NOT 2nd amendment protected*

So, where do you draw the line?

A year from today, Joe walks into a kindergarten, takes out 9 kids. Obama will stand on his podium, wipe his tear-filled eyes and shout; This cannot go on. Next on the agenda is ....

This is an uncomfortable topic for sure. But it's one that can ONLY be bettered by logic.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17263 posts)
Party:

The thing I have a big problem with the left here with is that they wish to ban a tool.. Sure it is an assault rifle, meant for killing humans. I don't have anything against anyone owning it or any other assault weapon... Providing that they can pass a mental fitness test.

Most mass killings are done with hand guns, most crimes, the hand guns, most suicides, again, the hand gun, not the rifle.

The founders couldn't have anticipated the invention of such a mass killing weapon... So not one of us can speak to their intent. So let's not be children here and fix this without saying that the founders intended (insert) because they allowed slavery to exist after we became a real nation and we as a nation finished the European genocide of the natives.

Maybe it is time to update the entire damned document and start from strach? This time add in a mental fitness test for the right to be armed... The level of fitness determine the type of weapons you may own.

all such test must be repeated every 2-4 years and determines if you must hand over the weapons until determined fit again. Should you die before you obtain said fitness, your spouse or children are awarded the weapons and must pass the test or sell them to those who can pass the test.

What this allows is for one to own, but not possess a weapon until they are fit to do so. Likely trained as well.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
Outdoors...you are correct...Indiana is to Illinois as Virgina is to DC and NY, namely the source of a vast percentage of guns committed in crimes in those places. Interestingly, in spite of the NRA misinformation, Chicago and NY and not even in the top 10 cities in per capita gun crimes, and DC just squeaks in at number 10. The rest of the top 10 ALL have CC laws and lax regulation. Let me make one thing clear, I support the second amendment, but I support it as it was written and the way the courts have ruled on it in Miller and Heller, not the twisted view by some that the framers created the 2nd amendment as a self destruct button in the event a plurality of the people had an election not go their way, the notion is absurd. I would also point out that in Heller v US, THE most conservative judge on the high court ruled not all classes of weapons, including assault rifles (and YES, the AR-15 IS an assault rifle, as shown by pre 2004 Remington catalogs) were NOT 2nd amendment protected

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Bobby nobody cares about the assumptions of a clueless moron.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
PP, that's shocking, really. Did gun shows just "evolve" to fill the niche market for those people who cannot legally buy guns? Maybe it's too big a segment to be called a 'niche'.

Among all states, Indiana-to-Illinois has the largest trade in "crime gun" traffic. In 2009 alone, 1020 guns purchased in Indiana were recovered in Illinois, after crimes committed there.

tracetheguns.o rg/#/states/IN/exports/

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
So what gun shows have you been to?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Ever been to a gun show? I have. It is a freak fest to end all freak fests. Neo Nazis, Biker trash, loony tune survialists, prison white power types, mouth breathers, green teeths, knuckle draggers, and in the case of Indiana which is one of 33 states in which "private owners' to sell at shows with NO background check and NO waiting period, plenty of "law abiding" straw buyers who but guns to sell to criminals on the street. It's a wonder there are not more 'accidents"

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Fjep:

I was about to press send on a nice long rant about how you yourself are the chickenshit for having to be armed every moment of every day.

I was going to say how you are an Internet tough guy, because you claim you would shoot your own family members if you thought them a threat.

I was going to explain to you how your insane right wing politics are racist.

But that would all be a waste of my time, you don't care because you like being all of these things and nothing said to you will matter.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
It is all better than being a chicken shit racist internet tough guy wannabe.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 162   End
TOPIC: 5 hurt at gun shows