Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics 5 hurt at gun shows
TOPIC: 5 hurt at gun shows
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
Sorry but I thought this was funny and ironic:

Five people were wounded in accidents at gun shows in North Carolina, Ohio and Indiana on Saturday, according to authorities.

In Raleigh, N.C., authorities said three people were wounded when a loaded shotgun accidentally discharged at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show at the N.C. State Fairgrounds.

Officials say Gary Lynn Wilson, 36, was having his shotgun checked before entering the show when the incident happened. He was unzipping his 12-gauge shotgun's case when it accidentally fired birdshot pellets, hitting three people, The News & Observer in Raleigh reported. Wilson was planning on privately selling the gun at the show, according to NBC affiliate WNCN. The three victims, Janet Hoover, Linwood Hester and Jake Alderman, were hit, respectively, in the right torso, left hand and right hand, WNCN reported. They were taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

In Medina, Ohio, an exhibitor at a local gun show was opening a box containing a gun when the weapon went off, striking his partner, who was sitting next to him, NBC station WKYC of Cleveland reported.

The victim suffered non-life threatening injuries in the arm and thigh and was taken to a hospital.

Police told WKYC the shooting was accidental, and a man who attended the show had sold that gun to the exhibitor.

In Indianapolis, state police said a 54-year-old man was loading his .45 caliber semi-automatic gun when he shot himself in the hand, The Associated Press reported. The victim, Emory L. Cozee, had been leaving the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show at the state fairgrounds, officials told the AP. Loaded personal weapons are not permitted inside this show, according to the AP.

Cozee was hospitalized. Police told the AP no charges will be filed and the shooting was accidental.

These incidents all happened on the first "National Gun Appreciation Day," which was organized by Political Media, a Republican consulting firm.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 162   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The .308 is used in sniper rifles and the m-60, but so far not in a AR platform by the military. IMO it is time to make a shift back to the use of the .308 all around.

They also should shift from the 9mm to the .40, but I don't see that happening. I would also prefer they transition to a glock instead of a 1911. While I am a 1911 fan, some people, like Bobby, are not competent to handle a 1911.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
I agree , unchecked the round will travel @ a mile with little effect, hit one tiny branch or bone and that piece of lead will do damage.

One of the training tennets was " if you lined up 15 men asshole to bellybutton and you can shoot clear through...." The 308 was a more effective round ( as well the 30-06) Why do you think they are still used. I do agree with the handling of the AR Vs a bolt action 308, more people qualify with the AR than than did with the 308.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
Looking while I agree, the army did not publicize the round to maim. They did exclaim that it was easy to train soldiers with the lower recoil, lighter rifle. They also extolled the higher mag capacity at a lighter weight. To make it easier on the soldier.

In the long run battle hardened soldiers have complained of it's lack of stopping power, mostly on slim combatants. This has been backed up by a study done by a Seattle doctor, that the round passes through a slim victim without causing enough damage to incapacitate. In fact there have been police officers who have shot themselves in the leg with it and not been incapacitated.

Enemies that will blow themselves up and do not care they are going to die, the round is a hindrance. They do not worry about their wounded. It is time to move to a .308 for our troops. Of course the wimps will not be able to handle this round in a light rifle.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
Well, that wasn't the only reason, the round was not designed to kill. It was designed to inflict damage that would wound the enemy rather than kill, thus creating a situation where more enemy combatants had to care for the wounded , (as well the screams from the wounded would inflict fear into the enemy). It was designed to take out or occupy the opposing force through attrition.

I had to train with the AR15 for over 25 years, and early on we had to learn why it was adopted, and what one could do with such a weapon and round. I prefer it for Varmint, and have bagged several deer with one , although shot placement has to be almost exact.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
Looking you would think being a former soldier he would know that most military rifle rounds were originally designed to take down a horse. The 5.56 was not, and is not a horse stopper round.

The main reason for the 5.56 is/was it's low recoil for pussies that could not handle the M-14 in the field. They adopted it's use for people like Bobby.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
one who claims to know so much really has no clue Ever hear of a 30-06 or 308? they seem to do more to the body than that little ole Flat shooter

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
"damage of an assault weapon... Basically the 5.56"

Complete utter ignorance of firearms. My 1894 does more damage then the 5.56. Hell my 45/70 does more damage than the 5.56. The 5.56 is a weak round in comparison to most centerfire cartridges. That is why in many states it is illegal to use for hunting deer, or larger game.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
lookiing:

The AR-15 is close enough to an assault rifle as to make the public believe it to be. In short the part of the public which wishes to ban all assault weapons wish to ban any weapon looking like an assault weapon or is able to do the damage of an assault weapon... Basically the 5.56 and above.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
That is definitely what they look like after a few hundred rounds run through them. My oldest is a Colt from 1982, and she is quite Grey, My youngest is a 2011 Ruger and she almost jet black, then again I have only put 50 rounds through here to break her in.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
Looking a friend told me that new contracts for M-4s are not black anymore.

Seems to me my mattel was not black but charcoal grey.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 162   End
TOPIC: 5 hurt at gun shows