3 dead in courthouse shooting : Swingers Discussion 2167351011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPolitics3 dead in courthouse shooting
TOPIC: 3 dead in courthouse shooting
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 63   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm not going to get into an argument of assertions on the "criminals won't be affected/there's nothing to prove that" thing, as it's 4am and I'm only just now starting what will be a lengthy hangover.

I am interested in seeing whatever articles/videos/whatever you have that show 3D Printers are churning out workable firearms, though. This isn't me arguing or demanding citation, I just really like 3D printers and if they've made some leaps I wasn't aware of, I want to check it out.

Easton PA

Username hidden
(78 posts)
Jimmy:

John doe can now buy a 3d printer and print almost any part of any fire arm with the type of printers on the market today.

That means in the next ten to fifteen years, the new printers will be able to do more and faster.

Already the magazine ban only hurts law abiding citizens as any fool (note I consider myself uneducated as my graphics degree has lead to nothing of use) can with the use of the 3d printer, print a magazine.

This means that people who have chosen to trade their lives for killing people can make these higher cap magazines, but law abiding John doe can't.

Where is the logic in the ban? Man commuted to being legal with their weapons can't do something non-violent with a weapon, but a person intent on killing can do as they please?

We need to stop the 19th century law making and enter the law making of the 21st century. We are already behind the radicals... Time to play catch up. As with all radical social change, this can only be done through edication.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6870 posts)
I still don't agree that 3D printers are anywhere near the level a lot of people imagine them to be. (Note: I dig 3D printing and think it's going to be an enormous deal eventually.)

I also don't see a lot of thug-life gangsters having access to 3D printers at any point in the next couple decades.

Easton PA

Username hidden
(78 posts)
Party:

The thing you arent understanding is that the laws you want aren't going to do anything. It make the black market stronger, cheaper and easier.

You can spend your time and resources on bans which have been proven with 3d modeling will not work in the medium term. (metal 3d printing is expected in the next 5-10 years, we already have composites and a Russian made a fully automatic ak47 with a shovel and a few parts which will become availbe with 3d printing)

You are obviouslly inteligent, but either blinded by ignorance (as is the far right) or blinded by fear (as are both sides) to understand that the next generation has the means in their homes to create any bomb they want. 3d printing will enable the next generation to make any fire arm they want.

The only meaningful ban you could make, would be to ban the manufacture of gun powder. That is it. No other ban will enable you to stop 3d printing and the black market you threaten to create.

We are cutting back on police services coast to coast, the time of the criminal enterprises is upon us.

You can waste what little resources you have on trying to make magizenshow into the new pot. (able to be made anywhere, by anyone) or you can get ahead of the curve for a change and start fixing socierty.

Society isn't that hard to fix. We only need to embrace change to both our culture and business models.

Yes, the far right will be forced to stop chasing greed, the new moto must be growing the economy by competition to provide more for the employee.

At the same time; the left must learn to fight the fights which can be won. Gun control is the 19th century... It is as out if date as religion.

Edication must become that religion as even if you are without a good job, the educated mind is less likely to commit violent crimes.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6870 posts)
Nothing will ever stop all murders...that's not what laws are for

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

You aren't being realistic. You want short term fixes when faced with the facts that your band are not going to stop these radicals and murderers.

The worst mass shootings haven't been committed by a nut with limited means, they were committed by people driven to kill. People who would aquire a 3D printer and make their weapons. At the point they start this, no law made will stop them, they are committed.

This seems to be a problem you do not comperhand... The ability for a human to be committed to murder and death. It is easy, too easy and short of mind control not a damned thing you can do to stop them.

I have met these kinds of people. Thank god they didn't have the resources that the next generation will have. Any flunky from a chemistry class knows know to create a fertilizer bomb. It is simple. Add in electronic classes from the career center and you have the know how to make quality bombs.

Uneducated afghanis talked to me about making bombs to kill the soviets. If in the 80s, young boys with no means could make IEDs without the benefits of the Internet... Surely the next generation of Americans pushed beyond their ability to cope will be at least equally destructive.

I would tell you the five different ways they told me to make bombs, but I do not want to be on anyone's watch list. 2 of the means I already knew thanks to my high school chemistry teacher. He showed us two means of creating an explosion and had us experimenting with it.

So if my failure of a school district taught us this much... Surely kids are taught far more today.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6870 posts)
Robert...and I can make ammonium nitrate in my kitchen sink Don't guzzle the kool aid, like I said, the NRA unicorn will not fart ammo and there will be no mass production of home made magazines

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
And they can have a prison cell when caught with that extended clip.... Start adding a year per bullet, and I bet they toe the line better.

Phoenix AZ

Username hidden
(2083 posts)
Party:

And you miss the point. Banning magazines is pointless any more. For the cost of a AR15 one can buy a 3D printer and make their own magazine. So you can have your ban, and the criminals will make their own 30 round magazines.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6870 posts)
Robert...you miss the point TWO people were killed, not 20 When was the shooter stopped? When he had to stop and change magazines

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 63   End
TOPIC: 3 dead in courthouse shooting