Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics 2016 Aint So Far Away
TOPIC: 2016 Aint So Far Away
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
(apostrophe from "ain't" removed to not risk a broken thread)

So here we are about 1 year from potential candidates having to get their ducks in a row in order to compete in the primaries for 2016. What do we have here?

I'm simply stealing from the list of potential candidates from wikipedia. If you can think of others, please add.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 81   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I've never read much about the Immigration Acts. Thanks for bringing up this subject. It's very interesting. The immigration policies have had a great impact on this country. I suspect that impact will continue.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17466 posts)
@tbr- if you read the full 1891 immigration act you would have saw the beside idiots, paupers, sick ect ect that is also for the first time the Us designated a federal department to reside over illegal immigrants. There were laws as far as taxes being imposed person to enter the country. So I guess if you didn't pay the taxes to enter the. Ou try a person would be considered illegal. So I believe that 1891 act cover 1910 since it is still technically still in effect. That good enough to prove you wrong?

Reston VA
Username hidden
(113 posts)
Too bad it can't be used for voting

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17466 posts)
"The immigration act of 1891 prohibited "idiots, insane persons, and paupers.""

Too bad the act can't be used to discourage such people from overwhelming SLS fora.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20541 posts)
What I said was there were no immigration laws to speak of when my grandmothers immigrated.

Please try to prove me wrong.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17440 posts)
Tbr lol 2 post ago you said there was no immigration laws. I then proved you wrong. Now you are saying you decided those laws they had were not "functional laws". Lol you at comical. Keep talking and show everyone how smart you are. You must be a troll because now one can keep back tracking.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(113 posts)
Up until the 1920's there were functionally no immigration laws for the majority of people who wanted to come in.

Sure, there were laws against idiots, contagious people, and some ethnic groups.

But generally, if you were of European ancestry you had no problem.

Mexican immigration was not restricted until 1965.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17440 posts)
I meant from the late 18 hundreds to present.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(113 posts)
Please expand with your high intelligence. Like I said in my post that was the first of many acts that were in acted from the late 1900's to the present. The 1891 act is when the federal government took over immigration from the states. I just started at the beginning to show laws were already staring to be In acted before you stated as of I believe 1910 when there were no laws. If you would like I could expand on the other acts. I don't want to be rude so I will leave it at that.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(113 posts)
Do you actually read what you post?

The immigration act of 1891 prohibited "idiots, insane persons, and paupers."

That and anyone "carrying a contagious disease."

Other than that, it was fair game.

Damn. I could expand, but I don't wanna be rude...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17440 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 81   End
TOPIC: 2016 Aint So Far Away