10% of all proceeds from purchased memberships will be donated to the victims and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas tragedy.

Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › food and travel
TOPIC: food_and_travel
Created by: usnwho The original post for this thread was deleted.
1 to 3 of 3
User Details are only visible to members.
Goat's Eye, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia LW

Monkey Balls, Vietnam Bacchus

Blairsville GA
Username hidden
(12566 posts)
I was sitting in a Korean Bar-B-Q in Japan. The food is displayed in a butcher style cabinet packed in ice. You point to what you want and the chef cooks it up or serves it cold, whichever applies. I pointed to one and asked my Japanese friend what is was. He asked if I would like to try it then guess. So I did. It was white, snow white, served cold, and had a grated or finely chopped appearance. No smell to speak of, not much taste (but what little it had wasn't thrilling to my pallet), and was crunchy. I guessed some type of tasteless radish, or vegetable. He laughed, I knew I was way off...it was whale blubber. I had had enough, so asked if he wanted it. He scrunched up his face and said "Noooo...that's WHALE BLUBBER"! Then I laughed, and we continued to drink beer.

-Tig

Lake In The Hills IL
Username hidden
(2340 posts)
My family was very Pa Dutch in their cookin. One of my favorites is "hog maw". I'll let yas "stew" on that'un for awhile, lol.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
1 to 3 of 3
TOPIC: food and travel
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.