does time go backward : Swingers Discussion 2151961041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen Forumdoes time go backward
TOPIC: does time go backward
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 59   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You are walking across a field where you see others throwing frisbees and you are surprised that you "sensed" one coming at you? And your explanation is alternative universe? I guess that acid trip never ends for you.

Poland OH

Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Here's an example of what I'm talking about, and I'm asking for others to either explain it or corroborate a similar experience in your life.

In my first year at college, I'm walking across a grassy playing field and suddenly get an unspecified feeling of urgency to turn around. So I do. There's a frisbee heading right at my head, so I just catch it and return it.

Somehow I sensed it coming, even though I couldn't see it. Also, I was on high alert, so that it was an instantaneous reaction to snap it out of the air.

In an alternate universe, perhaps the frisbee hit me in the head; this sent a 'shock wave' that reached into the 'past', and alerted me to the approaching menace.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Mrs. G really does think I make this stuff up. I have her Google a lot of things to prove my point. While she's pretty damn good at blowjobs, I just can't get her to Google my dick.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
That's a good'n, Mr Goodenuff. For those who don't know, a Tachyon is something that moves faster than light. This is just as impossible as moving backward in time, as far as we know.

It's the part we don't know that motivates the OP.

Time Travel seems to me much less plausible than an occasional perception of an echo or wrinkle in the spacetime continuum. You may just get a shiver, or a fluttering glimpse, of a future that may or may not come to pass, depending on your action or inaction.

You may have just an instant to decide.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
A synaptic detour, and/or short circuit may explain a lot of confusion. They may be opposite phenomena, and they may still be complementary in an individual's self-regulation.

When you have a foregone conclusion, you aren't motivated to straighten out the electro-chemical tangle in your brain. Like an ugly sink full of dirty dishes, you may just pass by without bothering to fix it.

Most likely, this is related to the over-specialization rampant in our culture. We don't have time nor energy to question whether a meal or an explanation is the best we can get at the moment. It's lazier to assume someone else is taking care of that.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
This one time in band camp I had a premonition that this old hairy dood would fall asleep while trying to have sex, so I said no to him and sent him back to his hairy old lady. He didn't like that one bit, and has been whining about it in this horrible nasally voice ever since!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Premonitions are actually the result of a call you receive from a tachyonic antitelephone. Mrs. G refers to it as the antelope phone. Women are like that you know- making fun of things they don't understand.

Select members of the population have had a tachyonic antitelephone receiver implanted by their dentist during a routine filling. Little did they realize their dentist was actually a humanoid alien from the planet Klewless 672, which, sadly, did not survive the asteroid strike of 213.654.9887. All calls are monitored at the call center located in area 51 to ensure that no information is being sent that could have a detrimental effect on the universe.

I know they are monitored and sometimes intercepted/terminated because I never received the call I made to myself on some hot stock tips.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I once predicted that the phone wouldn't ring before it didn't.

I think this thread should be called: One nerve cell short of a synapse.

Gibsonia PA

Username hidden
(6730 posts)
Nic, that's a good theory. It may accurately describe a lot of casual perceptual anomalies. It may also be a theory that is forcing an unexplained phenomenon into the limited theories that we have for brain functions. In other words, it may assume we know everything about perceptions; in fact, it's a safe bet that we don't.

When you look back at scientific theory over the ages, there are laughable assumptions made by the world's foremost authorities, at every level of scientific advance. This is not to say that every theory is equally plausible. Rather that even the most acceptable at any time can be viewed with skepticism: Experts often deny the magnitude of their uncertainty. To do so would undermine their authority, and their job security.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
The best explanation of a premonition I ever read was that the brain processes input in many ways but the two main things it does is "sort" things into long term memory and short term memory. Certain input such as when reading a text book is destined for long term memory where it can be stored and retrieved on demand. An example of short term might be you glance at a sign in a window advertising a sale but your brain dismisses it as useless information. A "premonition" may result if that input gets directed to long term memory by mistake and in the instant when you glance at the sign your brain "retrieves" it and you think "Hey, I've seen that sign before".

Perhaps not the clearest explanation but I hope you get the gist. Call it a short-circuit in the brain but it seems a more logical explanation than time travel.

Poland OH

Username hidden
(11885 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 59   End
TOPIC: does time go backward