does time go backward : Swingers Discussion 2151961031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen Forumdoes time go backward
TOPIC: does time go backward
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 59   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"... the key is the reversal of the T2 and T1 positions..."

Assuming T2 is later than T1, this just describes time reversal, if the particle goes from T2 to T1.

When I was in college and had an early class, I'd often wake up suddenly, look at the alarm clock, and it would go off. If there is detection of an event that's about to happen, I think there are times when the brain is more receptive to it: waking up, walking along in a meditative state, etc. I also suspect a spinning frisbee or a hurtling meteor might affect one's environment and a sense other than the common 5.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"My basic premise is that the brain might have evolved some mechanism for detecting tiny perturbations in the electromagnetic fields around us, and that they might give clues to what's about to happen. "

I personally don't believe that we have such a capability, but do not reject the concept out-of-hand. I would require some kind of concrete evidence to believe it. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17525 posts)
Fair enough, although the key is the reversal of the T2 and T1 positions. I don't really like the way they describe it, but c'est la vie.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17525 posts)
The OP reference to time reversal was more of an attention grabber than an attempt to prove the feasibility of "time travel". Sorry if it's been a distraction.

My basic premise is that the brain might have evolved some mechanism for detecting tiny perturbations in the electromagnetic fields around us, and that they might give clues to what's about to happen.

This isn't pretending to be science, except that polling humans for their experiences can lead to something quantifiable. Thanks to all for the reality checks.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Why can't matter travel back in time?

"We don't know why nature seems to have a problem with this, but our reality seems to be predicated on the basis that no information can travel back in time. There is an exception.

"A basic feature of modern physics as revealed by the equations used in quantum electrodynamics and announced by Baron von Stuckelberg and Richard Feynman back in the mid 1940's is that matter and anti-matter enjoy a peculiar time-reversal symmetry. A matter particle traveling forward in time between times T1 and T2, is MATHEMATICALLY equivalent to the same anti-matter particle traveling BACKWARD in time between T2 and T1"

einstein.stanford.ed u/content/relativity/q443.html

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"In quantum physics, there are entities known as antiparticles, which can be mathematically described as moving backward in time."

This is incorrect. Antiparticles move in all space-time dimensions as "normal" particles. They do not have "antimass", "antitemperature", "antimagnetism" etc.

Time marches on for antimatter just as it does for matter.

Ignoring relativistic effects (such as the Lorentz transformation), of course. But that applies equally to matter and antimatter.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17525 posts)
Since energy can not be disroyed but can be altered. It is conceivable that the mind has the capablity to tap into various degrees of energy and absorb its direction whether forward, backward or its reflection of time and place. My view of the Universe.

Sparta TN

Username hidden
(283 posts)
Since so much of the human brain is unused (in some people more than others it seems), I give greater credence to heightened senses, even a sixth sense than to alternative universes and time travel. Maybe I am too much of a logical thinker but when presented with something I don't understand, my first instinct is to look for the obvious explanation, not the most outlandish.

Poland OH

Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Nic, 'acid trip' is another unlikely explanation, since that would be much later. Sight wasn't a factor, and I don't remember hearing anything. It was coming right up behind me.

Another time I was walking down a country road about 1 AM. The hair on the back of my neck really stood up, for no apparent reason. So I turned around. The best meteor I've ever seen streaked across the sky, again directly behind me.

If I don't turn around, I just notice the sky brightening for a moment, but I miss the meteor. Since I did see the meteor, it was very impressive and perhaps made an echo across time -- a couple of seconds into the future.

Between the 2 possibilities, there may have been 2 influences working together. I do appreciate the skepticism, but it also seems that others have surely had similar experiences.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
They're coming to take him away, heheh haha

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16513 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 59   End
TOPIC: does time go backward