Your Favorite Christmas Story : Swingers Discussion 213676
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumYour Favorite Christmas Story
TOPIC: Your Favorite Christmas Story
Created by: Lucky2haveU
Original Starting post for this thread:
BAH Humbug!!!

Christmas means while I use to buy the world for my kids I sat on the couch in my robe xmas morning and got nada in return. I was in retail for the longest time while raising the kids so getting them all the new stuff and movies was easy. But one christmas stands out for me in particular.

My mom was very ill just prior to her passing. And I asked her what she would like as a gift. She said one thing would be a gift of togetherness with the entire family. Brothers, cousins, everyone under one roof for the first time in many many years. Being in retail and having little time I started a campaign to bring together the family, in particular my moms brother who had been estranged from her for many years. The reasons are not important. Well I contacted my uncle and at first he was not open to the event and I told him its ok I just thought it would be nice to see him and my aunt again. Well he said he would think about it. The meeting was arranged to be at the church where my mom went to for over 30 years. At mid night mass, I had spoken to the paster and he told me they could and would make accommodations for the 30+ people that may show up. All the while my mom was unaware of this event, where when and who would show up. We got to the church and I was very nervous and pacing the floor out front waiting to see who would show up . Now some had other plans but they came anyway. almost 20 people showed up and the service was about to begin. The precession was about to begin when the big doors reopened, low and behold there was my Uncle, my Aunt, their 3 grown kids and their kids. My mom turned to see who was there and her eyes opened wide and a sigh came to her quickly and she stood with a smile. She embraced her brother for the longest time, held up the service. I looked around and the entire family was standing, laughing and crying. They sat together for the service holding hands. After the service we all went to my place and celebrated that christmas like it was our last. For my mom it was. My mom past away Dec. 29th of that year. From that day forward my uncle and I were close friends until his death in 2003.

The gift of life is what I take from christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
Sb311____thanks for sharing. Awesome memories

Mission TX
Username hidden
(1007 posts)
Awwwww! Sweet story, sb. That is SOOOOO what Christmas is all about: family and caring.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
Scandle and KnB we enjoyed both of your stories. Thanks to all who shared. This is the first Christmas since 1998 that we have traveled to be with family for Christmas. Our get together is on the 26th. Hope we have a good story to share after tomorrow. We hope Christmas 2012 has been good for all our friends.

Mission TX
Username hidden
(1007 posts)
A couple of years ago, my older boy wanted a wii so badly. He didn't get in trouble at s hook for 6 weeks (for him, that was no small feat!) I knew if he saw it first, he wouldn't appreciate any of his other gifts. The wii and everything that goes with it was placed in the chimney and everything else went under the tree. He opened al of his other gifts and didn't say a word about not fretting it. Said he was happy with everything he got and everything. I sent him to the kitchen on a few errands putting him passing right in front of the fireplace and he didn't see it. I asked him to take my picture siting on the hearth...he STILL didn't notice. I finally asked to see the pictures he took and asked what that was shining in the fireplace in the picture..,he saw it and he got SOOOO excited!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
VA and Lucky, those were both heart wrenching stories. Peghey, I like the simple joy in yours. Thanks all for sharing.

One Christmas, when my oldest child was very young, we were celebrating the day with my in-laws. They had a large deck around the house that got covered with a little snow the night before. After opening gifts, eating whatever delectable treats my mother-in-law had created, and bundling up to venture outside, we discovered deer hoof prints in the snow on the deck, right next to the house. What a thrill it was for our daughter to see real evidence of Santa's reindeer having visited her on Christmas Eve!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8899 posts)
id like to make a nice xmas story ...just me and peghey on a tropical island...........maybe next year :)

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6563 posts)
I can't believe I just read your whole story waiting for the turn-a-round when something good happens and then was completely let down. It was like watching a Bollywood movie for 3+ hours only to have the hero die in the end.

I don't really have any good Christmas stories. I celebrate Kwanzaa.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina
Username hidden
(467 posts)
Hey Mr va, a bad story is just as valid as a good one.

Being single for the last 5 years and having no kids or parents, I felt sorry for myself for the first three years and went to my best friend's house where she cooks for her immediate family of 25 people. It was fun but exhausting because it is my nature to help with everything and everyone. Last year I decided to stay home and read a book, guilt- free, and watch x-mas movies. It was fabulous. Now my girlfriend wants to come and hang with me on Christmas Day.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5127 posts)
I lost both of my grandfathers at the end of December - Dec. 31, 1990, and Dec. 29, 1999. Both were terribly sick in the days prior, and Christmas both of those years was completely dominated by their coming deaths.

Because Dec. 29 was a Wednesday, the city wouldn't allow a funeral on New Year's Day, or a Sunday, so it was either Jan. 3, which was too long, or Dec. 31. So everyone's Y2K plans were cancelled, we buried my grandfather, and then attempted to have New Year's Eve parties anyway.

The kids and I were at my mothers, and she brought a whole bunch of friends over with the big bag of pot they scored. I wasn't comfortable keeping the kids there like that, so I took them to go to my Dad's. My brothers and mother decided at that moment that I was a jerk and a prude.

That was 13 years ago. To this day my mother has not visited us since.

I don't know why I'm telling you this.. you wanted GOOD Christmas stories. Sorry :)

Washington DC
Username hidden
(19404 posts)
BAH Humbug!!!

Christmas means while I use to buy the world for my kids I sat on the couch in my robe xmas morning and got nada in return. I was in retail for the longest time while raising the kids so getting them all the new stuff and movies was easy. But one christmas stands out for me in particular.

My mom was very ill just prior to her passing. And I asked her what she would like as a gift. She said one thing would be a gift of togetherness with the entire family. Brothers, cousins, everyone under one roof for the first time in many many years. Being in retail and having little time I started a campaign to bring together the family, in particular my moms brother who had been estranged from her for many years. The reasons are not important. Well I contacted my uncle and at first he was not open to the event and I told him its ok I just thought it would be nice to see him and my aunt again. Well he said he would think about it. The meeting was arranged to be at the church where my mom went to for over 30 years. At mid night mass, I had spoken to the paster and he told me they could and would make accommodations for the 30+ people that may show up. All the while my mom was unaware of this event, where when and who would show up. We got to the church and I was very nervous and pacing the floor out front waiting to see who would show up . Now some had other plans but they came anyway. almost 20 people showed up and the service was about to begin. The precession was about to begin when the big doors reopened, low and behold there was my Uncle, my Aunt, their 3 grown kids and their kids. My mom turned to see who was there and her eyes opened wide and a sigh came to her quickly and she stood with a smile. She embraced her brother for the longest time, held up the service. I looked around and the entire family was standing, laughing and crying. They sat together for the service holding hands. After the service we all went to my place and celebrated that christmas like it was our last. For my mom it was. My mom past away Dec. 29th of that year. From that day forward my uncle and I were close friends until his death in 2003.

The gift of life is what I take from christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Your Favorite Christmas Story