Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
TOPIC: Would_you_tip_$10_on_a_$1,500_pizza_delivery
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5 
41 to 50 of 50
User Details are only visible to members.
I never tip a driver a flat percentage like I do a waiter/waitress and I tend to tip them better than regular waitstaff with a little extra money for delivery during poor weather conditions. I don't care what the final tab was, dude hauled 85 pizzas to your house for you. No way I'd tip less than $200 for that.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3270 posts)
I saw that yesterday. I agree he was a jerk.

I would probably have rounded that $1,453 to $1,560 or so. Maybe $1,600 if I was in a great mood. People who think an automatic 20% (i.e. $300) on that are being a little absurd.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24433 posts)
What do you tip a pizza delivery person on a $1,500 order? Hint: Not $10.

Customers of pizza joints and casual-dining establishments should probably keep in mind that not only do the underlings they shoo away between servings of low-cost food rely on tips to live and to balance out their tax burden, but they're not afraid to call you out for being stingy. Reddit has become a compendium of such service-industry horror stories, with the latest coming Tuesday from a user named jfastman who posted the receipt showing a $10 tip added to a $1,453.95 bill.

That's less than a 1% tip, big spender. Meanwhile, one person had to haul 85 pizzas from Point A to Point B. That 10 bucks is well below the $2-per-pizza that the Cornell Hotel School considers a baseline tip for a delivery, according to CNNMoney. That would come out $170 in this case, but if that seems a bit steep, a reasonable 10% tip would set a buyer back $145.

Seriously, 5% and an apology would have at least given the poor pizza schlepper $72.50 or so to play with. But $10 for a literal wall of pizza you had no problem dropping nearly $1,500 on? Mind you, those pizzas went for a not-so-cost-effective $17 a pop.

Ten buck tip for all that pizza. What a jerk.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5 
41 to 50 of 50
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.