Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery : Swingers Discussion 2183501048
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWould you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   48 to 50 of 50 
User Details are only visible to members.
I never tip a driver a flat percentage like I do a waiter/waitress and I tend to tip them better than regular waitstaff with a little extra money for delivery during poor weather conditions. I don't care what the final tab was, dude hauled 85 pizzas to your house for you. No way I'd tip less than $200 for that.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3167 posts)
I saw that yesterday. I agree he was a jerk.

I would probably have rounded that $1,453 to $1,560 or so. Maybe $1,600 if I was in a great mood. People who think an automatic 20% (i.e. $300) on that are being a little absurd.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17611 posts)
What do you tip a pizza delivery person on a $1,500 order? Hint: Not $10.

Customers of pizza joints and casual-dining establishments should probably keep in mind that not only do the underlings they shoo away between servings of low-cost food rely on tips to live and to balance out their tax burden, but they're not afraid to call you out for being stingy. Reddit has become a compendium of such service-industry horror stories, with the latest coming Tuesday from a user named jfastman who posted the receipt showing a $10 tip added to a $1,453.95 bill.

That's less than a 1% tip, big spender. Meanwhile, one person had to haul 85 pizzas from Point A to Point B. That 10 bucks is well below the $2-per-pizza that the Cornell Hotel School considers a baseline tip for a delivery, according to CNNMoney. That would come out $170 in this case, but if that seems a bit steep, a reasonable 10% tip would set a buyer back $145.

Seriously, 5% and an apology would have at least given the poor pizza schlepper $72.50 or so to play with. But $10 for a literal wall of pizza you had no problem dropping nearly $1,500 on? Mind you, those pizzas went for a not-so-cost-effective $17 a pop.

Ten buck tip for all that pizza. What a jerk.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   48 to 50 of 50 
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery