Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 50 
User Details are only visible to members.
must have been a big car, that's like 80 pizza's!

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17843 posts)
LOL. Good idea.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20263 posts)
Then the next time we can take the boss's car and he can come help. I'd even split the ten bucks with him...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
While emotionally I'd agree with you on that, I think their boss would be mighty mad, as they would probably hope a $1,500 order would be repeated in the future.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20263 posts)
Somebody gave me a ten dollar tip for all that I would've opened my car door and told him/her to come get them...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
Man I'm cheap for only tipping $100 to $150?

Shit.

I'm a pretty generous tipper for the most part, but the % is going to slide down slightly as an order gets gargantuan. I ordered chinese for lunch yesterday and rounded the $19.30 up to $25.

I think the largest bill I've ever had to deal with was for a business lunch of a few assholes in Washington and it was I think $710, and I tipped $140 on that, but we kept that guy running around for nearly 3 hours.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20263 posts)
I thought $150 would be fair...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
I never tip a driver a flat percentage like I do a waiter/waitress and I tend to tip them better than regular waitstaff with a little extra money for delivery during poor weather conditions. I don't care what the final tab was, dude hauled 85 pizzas to your house for you. No way I'd tip less than $200 for that.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
I saw that yesterday. I agree he was a jerk.

I would probably have rounded that $1,453 to $1,560 or so. Maybe $1,600 if I was in a great mood. People who think an automatic 20% (i.e. $300) on that are being a little absurd.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20263 posts)
What do you tip a pizza delivery person on a $1,500 order? Hint: Not $10.

Customers of pizza joints and casual-dining establishments should probably keep in mind that not only do the underlings they shoo away between servings of low-cost food rely on tips to live and to balance out their tax burden, but they're not afraid to call you out for being stingy. Reddit has become a compendium of such service-industry horror stories, with the latest coming Tuesday from a user named jfastman who posted the receipt showing a $10 tip added to a $1,453.95 bill.

That's less than a 1% tip, big spender. Meanwhile, one person had to haul 85 pizzas from Point A to Point B. That 10 bucks is well below the $2-per-pizza that the Cornell Hotel School considers a baseline tip for a delivery, according to CNNMoney. That would come out $170 in this case, but if that seems a bit steep, a reasonable 10% tip would set a buyer back $145.

Seriously, 5% and an apology would have at least given the poor pizza schlepper $72.50 or so to play with. But $10 for a literal wall of pizza you had no problem dropping nearly $1,500 on? Mind you, those pizzas went for a not-so-cost-effective $17 a pop.

Ten buck tip for all that pizza. What a jerk.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 50 
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery