Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 50   End
User Details are only visible to members.
jinx:

"I also like the idea of servers being compensated on tips. If they are good, as few are, they will be paid well. If they suck, as a good percentage do, they will make shit, and the business owner should not have to pay more for shit service."

Spoken like one who would pay less then minimum wage.

We have a minimum wage for a reason, so that there is a bottom to society. The less an employer pays their employees, the more you get to pay those employees in welfare and other social welfare.

So every time a businessman pays an employee a wage which affords that employee social welfare, that employer is stealing from you through the social welfare programs which ought to be for those who lose their jobs because their employers were failures and their businesses went out of business.

Instead, we must subsidize your excuses with social welfare.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Ha, spoken by a person who has never owned a business.

I also like the idea of servers being compensated on tips. If they are good, as few are, they will be paid well. If they suck, as a good percentage do, they will make shit, and the business owner should not have to pay more for shit service.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2259 posts)
cplo:

"I'm good friends with 2 guys who own small restaurants (1 diner and 1 pizza joint) and there is absolutely no way either of them could actually afford to pay their waitstaff minimum wage."

Cry me a fucking river already. If you can't make the cut as the owner, then you need to go out of business because your business model is an epic fail. Either you entered a saturated area and are undercutting the competition at the expense of your employees, or you are simply wanting too high of a profit.

Your job as a businessman is to grow the local economy, minimum wage doesn't grow shit, paying less than minimum wage and saying that tips are wages is total bullshit.

So save the pity the wealthy crap, I don't buy it.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Exactly. Tips are income and if you're really good at your job, then you're going to make well above minimum wage.

I'm good friends with 2 guys who own small restaurants (1 diner and 1 pizza joint) and there is absolutely no way either of them could actually afford to pay their waitstaff minimum wage. And both businesses are doing fairly well, so it's not like there's a lack of revenue. But their operating costs are pretty high and when it's all said and done, neither of them could afford to basically triple the wages paid to their servers.

If anything, I LOVE the fact that servers are paid primarily based on the level of their job performance. If you're really good at your job, it's going to reflect in your tips. If you suck at your job, then you won't make enough in tips to offset the lack of wages and after a while the owner is going to get sick of covering the difference out of his own pocket and fire you. Not only are you costing him extra money at that moment, but poor service could also have a negative impact on future earnings if customers decide not to come back. Even more so if they tell their friends.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
This is why the US is the only nation that pays its waiters and others servers so low. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And if you work hard and learn what excellent service is all about you will make a lot more than minimum wage.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2259 posts)
Cplo:

That isn't being paid minimum wage. Being paid minimum wage is being paid minimum wage plus tips. Not goofy math of below minimum wage plus tips.

You are the very reason that we must have this debate.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
'All workers ought to be paid minimum wage at the minimum"

This comment has been brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

Also, Robert, waitstaff do get paid minimum wage even in PA where their hourly rate is something like $2.30/hr + tips (depending on the restaurant). After working their shift, a waiter/tress wages + tips has to be equal to what he or she would make during the same time period at the minimum wage rate, which for PA I believe is $7.25/hr.

So if you work a 4 hour shift @ $7.25/hr that would come to $29.00.

A server works 4 hours @ $2.30 makes $9.20. That means that during the 4 hour shift, he/she needs to take in at least $19.80 in tips in order to earn minimum wage. If it's a really slow shift and he/she only makes $10.00 in tips, then the owner has to kick in the $9.80 difference.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
This is why the US is the only nation that pays its waiters and others servers so low.

All workers ought to be paid minimum wage at the minimum, doesn't matter what job it is. If you don't want to tip because you had to pay a little more... Well shame on you, you had the money to actually eat out... Most don't and that is why they go to McDonalds.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
$1500, is multiple runs and a large delivery at that. 10% is always fair for a pizza driver.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1440 posts)
I think the price for EACH pizza was HIGH! I sure hope the pizza shop owner compensated the driver. But since I have worked/managed in a pizza shop before, I know I would have been delivering the pizzas myself and the price already included the delivery charge. They didn't even need to give a tip if ya ask me. It was probably discussed on the phone.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1768 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 50   End
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery