Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery : Swingers Discussion 2183501021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWould you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 50   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"In the US, I believe those types of people are called Union Members. "

For the most part that is true.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16711 posts)
I am looking forward to a full weekend of tipping for consistently prompt delivery of a full glass of Guinness.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2157 posts)
TIPS = To Insure Prompt(Proper?) Service.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"Other than that people who suck make the same as people who are very good?"

In the US, I believe those types of people are called Union Members.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Some friends of ours who have spent their lives moving back and forth between the Netherlands and Canada have said the following:

You don't tip in Europe, because people are paid better so you don't have to. The higher wages are reflected in the higher cost of the food. But because the staff are not incentivized to do much of anything, the service is terrible in all but the very best places.

She however somehow thought this argument supported the European model. Let me see... the staff get on average the same amount or less, the service sucks, and the customer pays about the same. What's the advantage again to the European system? Other than that people who suck make the same as people who are very good?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18765 posts)
Having lived in Switzerland for a year where it's not common to tip a waitress, and they are paid a good wage, I can tell you the service generally sucks.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16711 posts)
Cplo:

1) I do more then the work my employers want me to do. I just got my ass chewed out again for writing reports which were too detailed. Why? Because my superiors actually have to do their jobs when I file the reports.

2) The majority of our clients don't want us doing anything... In fact they want us out of their way and out of sight. Case in point the mine. If my company was doing more than what they (the client) wanted (which I already give for minimum wage) we would be in the way of their mining equipment.

Already this year alone, we (my company) caught 4 people stealing from the client, all the clients employees... and his own damned son.

What did we get for our trouble? Nothing. In fact the client has become more hostile to us for causing him the trouble of having to replace employees who can operate mining equipment.

So if I am able to I write both here on Sls and my books, while doing more than 110% to my job... What do you think I could do if my job offered me a real pay check? Answer: A hell of a lot more, but they don't offer me a real pay check so I do what I consider is the minimum... and that minimum is more than what is asked of me.

As for what you got paid as a high school student? Great for you, you were willing and able to afford that kind of wage... But guess what? Many others aren't and more and more people here in the US aren't tipping as well as they use to.

So it is time to adapt to this new reality and actually pay full wages. Don't like this fact? Tough. It is better than the worker taking money from welfare, because their employer wants to pay them less than the minimum.

Stop defending lazy employers paying less than the minimum.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7241 posts)
cpl...that is a very positive thought. Some are whiners, some are positive.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2157 posts)
Robert just hates it when people have to give max effort at work. If his employer started paying based on performance, he'd have no time for naps, writing or posting on the interweb. Well he could still do all that, he just wouldn't be able to keep stealing a full paycheck from his boss.

Having worked as a waiter when I was in high school, I never had a problem with the fact that my wages were practically nothing. I made my money in tips. Some of my friends had jobs that paid minimum wage, so they got a bigger paycheck than I did. But I made more money in a week than any 2 of them combined while working less hours. And unlike them, I had cash in my pocket every day. Didn't have to wait a week for each paycheck so I could eat out or buy some new clothes or cd's.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
You talk as if all those who earn minimum wage need welfare.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2157 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 50   End
TOPIC: Would you tip $10 on a $1,500 pizza delivery