Working Off Some Calories : Swingers Discussion 216230
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWorking Off Some Calories
TOPIC: Working Off Some Calories
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
Burning love apparently does not equate to burning fat. A new study from the University of Alabama at Birmingham says the average sex act burns only about 21 calories.

The study, published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine, contradicts many long-standing claims that sexual activity is a vigorous, fat-burning workout. Funded in part by the National Institutes of Health, the study results found that “false and scientifically unsupported beliefs about obesity are pervasive in both scientific literature and the popular press.”

Most online claims about the calorie burning potential of sexual activity are based on one-hour increments, whereas this study worked off an average time span of six minutes per sexual encounter. ----------------------

SIX minutes?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Very few people have intercourse per se [Latin for by thrust] that goes longer than 12 minutes,"

Wow. That's kinda sad...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2730 posts)
If sex is good obviously it's preferable that it lasts longer than 12 minutes. But I never want to be in a position where I'm wondering when is he getting off!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
"Very few people have intercourse per se [Latin for by thrust] that goes longer than 12 minutes,"

OK - really?

I'm glad I don't know these "very few people".

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19418 posts)
I stopped reading after the word "coitus".

Anything else I read will be in the voice of Sheldon Cooper and thereby funny by default.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
According to the new study "Canadian and American Sex Therapists' Perceptions of Normal and Abnormal Ejaculatory Latencies: How Long Should Intercourse Last?" adequate coitus lasts anywhere from three to seven minutes, not including the Pledge of Allegiance. This data, from all the normal people who see therapists for sexual problems, corresponds closely to earlier studies, which put the average at five to seven minutes. (We can safely blame the two-minute discrepancy on the Canadians.)

"Very few people have intercourse per se [Latin for by thrust] that goes longer than 12 minutes," says sex therapist Barry W. McCarthy.

esquire.c om/women/sex/average-sex-time-0709#ixzz2JbohY4ek

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
Maybe it's an average over several partners? 10 partners @ 6 minutes each?

Maybe it's skewed towards Mormons?

(ducking)

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
I'll echo 6 minutes??? WTF? other then an occasional quickie who the heck only has sex for 6 minutes?

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17839 posts)
six minutes might be a long time with any of the hotties on this site

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6566 posts)
Pauline Potter?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
Who the fuck did they fucking find that was fucking just to lose fucking weight?

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Working Off Some Calories