Woman billed for using public restroom : Swingers Discussion 217851101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWoman billed for using public restroom
TOPIC: Woman billed for using public restroom
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
A license plate gives police a whole lot of information about you, and law enforcement is supposed to protect those details. However, a local sheriff in Tennessee admits he gave a driver’s name and address away, and the reason he did it is downright bizarre.

The drama kicked off when a woman stopped to use a restaurant’s restroom and then left without buying anything. A few days later, the woman checked her mail to find a bill from that restaurant, asking her to pay for using their restroom. And it turns out the sheriff, himself, helped the restaurant’s owners track her down.

“I just feel like I’ve been violated,” Patricia Barnes said. Barnes received a handwritten letter that asked for $5 because she used the restroom at The Flood Zone in Houston County. She and her husband said they aren’t upset about the bill, rather they are outraged at the sheriff’s involvement.

“People don’t have the right to just run your tags and give your information out to just anybody,” said the woman’s husband, Randy Edwards. The restaurant’s owners wrote down Barnes’ license plate number as she drove away and then asked Houston County Sheriff Darrell Allison to help find the person who used the restroom.

The sheriff said that, at the time, he had probable cause to run Barnes’ tag, because he was investigating it as a possible crime. But Allison didn’t take a police report and didn’t press any charges. Nothing happened, except for the bill that soon showed up at Barnes’ home.

The Channel 4 I-Team told Allison that Barnes and her husband were concerned he shared their private information and address with the restaurant’s owners, but he said it happens more often than people might think. “I would say that happens every day. It’s a very common occurrence,” Allison said.

State Rep. John C. Tidwell, D-New Johnsonville, said what happened to Barnes is disturbing. “The way I interpret it, it would be illegal,” Tidwell said. He said there are laws to protect your personal information from being shared in such a manner. “The information should not have ever been given over to the business. That is information that is supposed to be dealt with by the state’s agency or the official,” Tidwell said.

Tidwell said the law dictates that information from a license plate should only be used for law enforcement purposes and not be given out to the public. The sheriff said he sees it differently.

“I would have to know you, one, and I would have to know that you’re not the type of person that would just come to me or any officer wanting information about somebody or something,” Allison said.

I guess they take that restroom for patrons only sign seriously...

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
I find it funny that the name of the place is the "Flood Zone".

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
Remember to leave a tip.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I'm guessing that if she hadn't left a trail of explosive diarrhea from her car to the toilet and all over the bathroom walls they wouldn't have charged her for cleaning.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
If I were her, I would be acquiring a lawyer and suing the officer who violated my security, his department and the county... If not the state. The restaurant would then find that negative advertisment goes a long way to destroying their business.

basically for every 1 negative ad that is made, you (a business owner or politician) need to have 2-4 positive ads to counter that one negative ad. It is why negative advertisement works so well.

As what the restaurant did is a matter of public notice and is a actual, they can't sue me for lying or telling false truths as their actions can be proven with the records that have been drawn. (the bill)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
A license plate gives police a whole lot of information about you, and law enforcement is supposed to protect those details. However, a local sheriff in Tennessee admits he gave a driver’s name and address away, and the reason he did it is downright bizarre.

The drama kicked off when a woman stopped to use a restaurant’s restroom and then left without buying anything. A few days later, the woman checked her mail to find a bill from that restaurant, asking her to pay for using their restroom. And it turns out the sheriff, himself, helped the restaurant’s owners track her down.

“I just feel like I’ve been violated,” Patricia Barnes said. Barnes received a handwritten letter that asked for $5 because she used the restroom at The Flood Zone in Houston County. She and her husband said they aren’t upset about the bill, rather they are outraged at the sheriff’s involvement.

“People don’t have the right to just run your tags and give your information out to just anybody,” said the woman’s husband, Randy Edwards. The restaurant’s owners wrote down Barnes’ license plate number as she drove away and then asked Houston County Sheriff Darrell Allison to help find the person who used the restroom.

The sheriff said that, at the time, he had probable cause to run Barnes’ tag, because he was investigating it as a possible crime. But Allison didn’t take a police report and didn’t press any charges. Nothing happened, except for the bill that soon showed up at Barnes’ home.

The Channel 4 I-Team told Allison that Barnes and her husband were concerned he shared their private information and address with the restaurant’s owners, but he said it happens more often than people might think. “I would say that happens every day. It’s a very common occurrence,” Allison said.

State Rep. John C. Tidwell, D-New Johnsonville, said what happened to Barnes is disturbing. “The way I interpret it, it would be illegal,” Tidwell said. He said there are laws to protect your personal information from being shared in such a manner. “The information should not have ever been given over to the business. That is information that is supposed to be dealt with by the state’s agency or the official,” Tidwell said.

Tidwell said the law dictates that information from a license plate should only be used for law enforcement purposes and not be given out to the public. The sheriff said he sees it differently.

“I would have to know you, one, and I would have to know that you’re not the type of person that would just come to me or any officer wanting information about somebody or something,” Allison said.

I guess they take that restroom for patrons only sign seriously...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Woman billed for using public restroom