Wireless Remote Shutter for Camera : Swingers Discussion 212941
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWireless Remote Shutter for Camera
TOPIC: Wireless Remote Shutter for Camera
Created by: Greeneyes1029
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 31   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Perv, Yes like you I switch between the 4 cards, never using the same one right away. It/they get rotated in 1 to 4. Before back to 1.

Depending on what I am shooting is what I set at. I go full spectrum. sm to lm to raw. Shooting my lovely lady and some of her friends is way better than shooting crime scenes and or dead bodies. Like the live naked ones best:) LOL Mr. P

Sheffield Village OH

Username hidden
(236 posts)
" Seems the only difference is the built in Wi Fi for uploading? "

That's exactly the only difference. Your camera sweeps image data off the sensor onto the card like normal, then the card has a background process that sweeps the image off the card over wifi to the destination, then deletes the photo from the card. (I think the delete is optional)

Modesto CA

Username hidden
(134 posts)
I wasn't trying to imply that SD cards die quickly, just that they do eventually die. I've got several cards that are a few years old, too... but I also rotate my cards, and never use the same one twice in a row. I don't know how much that has helped the longevity of my cards, but I'm sure it's a large factor.

The canon issue could just be about power; since the Eye-Fi has to drive built-in wifi, I'm sure it needs to draw more than is typical. If Canon is only pushing enough juice to fire up a basic SD card, maybe the "fix" is to give it a boost.

I shoot in raw (no jpg sidecar) so there isn't really going to be any direct sharing to social networks, even if that did interest me... and I actually enjoy the post-process work, so I'd miss it. I think the only benefit I'd really gain would be not having to import an entire card at once, and LR4 + USB3 makes importing pretty painless to begin with, since it imports in the background.

I think I've talked myself out of wanting an eye-fi. lol

Modesto CA

Username hidden
(134 posts)
Mr. P I was under the impression that the only issue with the canon was that you had to enable it once you installed the card. I know my user manual states that my camera is compatible, as does the eye-fi website.

I can see some benefits to using the card, like not having to hook up to a pc to download your images. Or transferring them to a phone to share easily on social networks and such. I may buy one in the next week or 2 to try it out...I just wish they came in a 32G version.

Shamokin PA

Username hidden
(1127 posts)
Perv, Canon shows an issue with these cards. On their site they say to contact them and they can fix the issue. Not sure who pays for the fix:) My cards (4) have been in use for over 2 years with thousands of ohoto's on each and still going strong. So don't know if the price of 100 bucks warrants for me at least. Seems the only difference is the built in Wi Fi for uploading? Who knows, maybe I'll try one too. Time will tell. Have a Safe New Year.... Mr. P

Sheffield Village OH

Username hidden
(236 posts)
I've contemplated picking up an eyefi to check it out, but I've yet to have a situation where I thought tethering would have been more than a convenience, so I've kept putting it off. I have no doubts that I'd love it if I got one, as long as it didn't degrade the performance of my camera.

I can get three class 10 32G SD cards, which can each hold a bit over 1.5k raws at 16.2MP, for the same price as the eyefi and I will probably be less upset when they eventually die, as all SD cards do.

Modesto CA

Username hidden
(134 posts)
66, it seems those that have say yes. Especially given the fact they are very inexpensive. I would NOT use a corded version. Wireless is the way to go.... Mr. P

Sheffield Village OH

Username hidden
(236 posts)
Kinda, sorta, maybe on the same "wireless" topic...is anyone using the Eye-Fi (not a Frank term) memory card?

I was thinking of getting one for my camera, but would like to know if they are worth it or not?

eye.fi/products

Shamokin PA

Username hidden
(1127 posts)
I think I paid about $5 for the amazon branded remote I use with my Nikon. It even came with a nice little bag to keep it in.

When I was review surfing before purchase, a common comment was that it works better than the name branded variant, due to a stronger LED emitter.

Modesto CA

Username hidden
(134 posts)
Correct information. My Canon has a Digital SLR has a WIRELESS remote that is plug and play so to speak. Took it out of the box and clicked a button and it was taking photo's from 10 plus feet away with no wires attached:) And as stated the remote is so small it fits in the PALM of your hand. I have taken a few photo shoots for friends/couples. Always with my wife present and they get the drive to down load onto their computer or I can and have put the photo's on disc with fades and music. Photo's and video combined. Mr. P

Sheffield Village OH

Username hidden
(236 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 31   End
TOPIC: Wireless Remote Shutter for Camera