Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1 ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ... 92  Next »
601 to 610 of 916
User Details are only visible to members.
The poet mentioned in this thread's original post has just been selected as Poet Laureate.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(14117 posts)
I read two pages and gave it back. OMG it sucked.

New Hope PA
Username hidden
(6402 posts)
the writing structure and the development of characters and their relationships.*

Tell her to stop fibbing, there *ain't* not structure and the character development sucks! Sex scenes aren't particularly hot either :)

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
I just found out my sister joined a bookclub with the specific goal of discussing all 3 books from "50 Shades of Gray." She said they don't discuss the sex in the book, just the writing structure and the development of characters and their relationships. Yeah, right, Sis, and men only buy Playboy to read the articles! LOL!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(12248 posts)
Ghost,

At the time when you posted, I just finished watching a movie where part of US members of the Peace Corps were committing fairly horrid stuff in post war Bosnia. It was an expression of my frustration with everything that goes on around us, more than anything directed at you. I have many strong feelings about Peace Corps, about the NATO, about NGO's, about UN...Consider it an outburst of frustration that's all ;).

On a different note, you should watch the movie, or at least read about the incident.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Sed

Still trying to figure what you meant by 'did you read what I posted?' Peace Corps/UN?

I'm sorry if I'm missing this, but you lost me....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Hello all you readers! Just catching up on a few threads...can't really manage all of them. I'm looking for the Cliff Notes version.

Jandscincy - you mentioned Never Let Me Go, which was a fantastic read, haunting. I did get a chance to watch the movie on a long-haul flight. Kazuo Ishiguro was involved in the filming, and it was very well done. Actually too well done - it was a tough movie to watch.

And speaking of Ishiguro, just finished his A Pale View of Hills, which I'm still thinking about and analyzing. It takes place in Nagasaki, not long after the atomic bomb.

On the ship I read The Christian Atheist, something my hairdresser passed on to me to read, and 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. I had only read one other book by Murakami, a non-fiction book about the Sarin gas attacks. I recognized Murakami's tone in 1Q84; I thought it was a great read.

Just started The Girl Who Played with Fire. It's not quite capturing my interest like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I'll give it a chance.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7111 posts)
Will start Home by Toni Morrison this week. And am loading up my Kindle for an upcoming trip soon.

I really need to be writing more than reading, but I can't help myself. I'm a proud bibliophile.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
An e-book called "Kinky" by Justine Elyot. I just started it, but I like the way it reads already ;-)

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
Oy vey, did you read what I actually posted? :)

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ... 92  Next »
601 to 610 of 916
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.