Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1 ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ... 92  Next »
571 to 580 of 917
User Details are only visible to members.
Just finished reading Natural Woman by Carole King. Great memoir of one of the world's best songwriters ever!

Steve

Miamisburg OH
Username hidden
(219 posts)
Scandle, I recently added that to my list of books to get. It was mentioned in The Week. Disturbing or not, I'm looking forward to it!

I finished The Girl Who Played With Fire - which was excellent after a slightly slow start and then finished off the trilogy with The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Another very good read, but quite different from the first two, as the protagonist (if you want to call her that...) was not as active. Just started Tana French's The Likeness.

But on to immediate problems - having to work on performance review comments now. UGH. I really hate this part of my job...!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7111 posts)
I just started "The Orphan Master's Son" which is a novel based on present-day North Korea. I don't know how truth-based it is, but it is pretty disturbing.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(12248 posts)
That's why I buy books that I otherwise need. There is no like or dislike, just necessity. Luckily I enjoy my work, and haven't been disappointed by a purchase yet.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1459 posts)
amazon prime is my friend

I forgot that I recently read Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson, my first book by him. Interesting, but parts were tedious.

I usually like very heavy handed books, and will occasionally break free a bit and read something humorous. But even my heavy handed books need humor too, bcause sometimes the most serious stuff? You just have to make fun of, or laugh at, or you can't survive them.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
amazon is my favorite place to shop by far."

I personally love that Gina loves Amazon!!

Username hidden
(23989 posts)
I am reading an amazing book called Three Cups of Tea. It is about a man who goes to Afghanistan and opens schools for girls. I have just started reading it and honestly......I was hesitant in buying it. Forgive me, I just do not know that I can stand reading how the women are treated there. But if word does not get out on how they are treated they will never be helped.

Username hidden
(23989 posts)
I'll get the name of it and email you.

Username hidden
(795 posts)
I will have to find it. I have read quite a bit dealing with the German theater of war, some of the stories to me are better than any writed could conjure.

The book you first mentioned Grabbed me when I started it on Saturday. It is scary to think that this was a reality he lived.

Middletown NY
Username hidden
(9784 posts)
Looking, right after I read that I read a book by a German sniper on the eastern front. He wrote about the atrocities that he and his guys went through from the Russians. I just couldn't have that much sympathy even though he did say he had no idea about the camps due to the Nazi propoganda machine. I do believe it, but still...

Username hidden
(795 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ... 92  Next »
571 to 580 of 917
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.