Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1 ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ... 92  Next »
551 to 560 of 917
User Details are only visible to members.
One of my favorite things about my husband when I met him, was that he likes/loves to read, and that I finally had someone to read alongside me, and talk about what we've read. We read in bed together sometimes too. Nope, no TV in the bedroom, also no computers. We read daily. He can read with the TV going and with me talking to him (damn him), as he's focused, whereas, unless it's kind of mindless reading, I like to read at night when everything is quiet.

I am of the Maya Angelou persuasion that books have always been my friends, and of the Thomas Jefferson persuasion that "I simply cannot live without books."

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
holly- so far, so good but I think we may just hang out with a lot of nerds. The girls' school is a hippie dippie Montessori school stuffed to the gills with fellow readers. After elementary school things may change but for now non-readers are viewed with barely concealed pity by my daughters and their friends. They read at recess and play games based on Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and that series with 700 million books about cats with superpowers.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
I read the interesting posters in these forums.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
People who read are hot.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Chicks who read are hot.

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2383 posts)
"I remember being nervous that one of my girls would turn out to be "not a reader." I actually fretted over this!"

Cincy - its great that you're raising your children with such a passion for reading. Its a skill that will enhance and expand their understanding of everything from creativity to human nature to world events and more. I'm curious, do their friends read or are they teased about their love of reading?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4450 posts)
Akron, so true.

I just type away, and click submit (my favorite word). And I don't edit myself. Of course, I know now that I SHOULD.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
i agree with what you just said hahaha. ummmm, if you have gps you dont even HAVE to read. Just sayin.

Username hidden
(23989 posts)
I need to read a map to San Marcos, TX.

Username hidden
(795 posts)
daintypet : Reading Game of thrones and it is brilliant! pick it up!

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(20 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ... 92  Next »
551 to 560 of 917
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.