Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1 ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ... 90  Next »
521 to 530 of 893
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm a Young Adult fiction devotee. I take endless teasing for this but several current YA imprints have suberb authors writing good fiction with characters that just happen to be young adults.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
I read the Hunger Games books and frankly I found them very entertaining even though they were written for a younger audience! :)

Miamisburg OH
Username hidden
(219 posts)
It is Miss Nine who's agog for Harry Potter. Ms. Eleven is all about the Hunger Games. She writes fan fiction that cracks me up.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
My 12 soon to be 13 year old is done with the whole Harry Potter thing. That's way, yesterday! It's Hunger Games all the way now!

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
I've been all over the world in a book.

Username hidden
(795 posts)
I still have not started reading my book. I dunno, I am not into reading as much as I used to be I suppose. I have started keeping a journal, but that is the closest I am to reading. I keep it in my purse, but at lunch usually one of the girls comes up and we talk and then at home I have other things to do.

Username hidden
(23989 posts)
One of my favorite things about my husband when I met him, was that he likes/loves to read, and that I finally had someone to read alongside me, and talk about what we've read. We read in bed together sometimes too. Nope, no TV in the bedroom, also no computers. We read daily. He can read with the TV going and with me talking to him (damn him), as he's focused, whereas, unless it's kind of mindless reading, I like to read at night when everything is quiet.

I am of the Maya Angelou persuasion that books have always been my friends, and of the Thomas Jefferson persuasion that "I simply cannot live without books."

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
holly- so far, so good but I think we may just hang out with a lot of nerds. The girls' school is a hippie dippie Montessori school stuffed to the gills with fellow readers. After elementary school things may change but for now non-readers are viewed with barely concealed pity by my daughters and their friends. They read at recess and play games based on Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and that series with 700 million books about cats with superpowers.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
I read the interesting posters in these forums.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
People who read are hot.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ... 90  Next »
521 to 530 of 893
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.