Whatcha reading : Swingers Discussion 18103310511
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
GoTo Page: Less ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... More 
Start   511 to 520 of 709   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I've dug into the oldie but goody pile. "The Count of Monte Cristo" -umas

Wolf

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3150 posts)
I love David Sedaris' wit! His books are good but the recording of his voice reading them makes them even better. We saw him live onetime. It was such a fun evening!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8902 posts)
Hi Gina, now that I need glasses for reading, I think about that episode all the time.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5156 posts)
David Sedaris, Naked.

You're very welcome, Shel. I am a book addict and have a stack to read, or maybe stacks, but I'll get there. My favorite Twilight Zone is the one where Burgess Meredith just wants to read his books, and is the last person on earth, etc....

I won't spoil it. It's classic.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
D- you are an absolute wonder! I am in awe. It has been 20 years since I got a vanilla dude's phone number. Kinda makes me want to change that....

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3963 posts)
An amazing book sent to me by the wonderful Gina G from these very forums.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I have downloaded a few erotic books on my nook. The past 2 I have deleted. They are not what I expected. Very boring. The Ethical Slut I have in regular book form. I had started to read it and put it away when I got my Nook.Reading books on a Nook is easier when I am out of the house since no one knows exactly what I am reading. Maybe I should pick it up and read it this weekend.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Butting in to talk books- The Room was actually written for a young adult imprint but the publishing group opted to change the marketing imprint to adult without editing the book. It is accessible to both groups and should not be a difficult read at all. The switch was a $$ decision not a content decision. I actually liked it more once I knew donohue wrote it with a young adult audience in mind. Of course, I'm a YA fiction nerd so that makes perfect sense.

Dont make fun of my teen books! The young adult publishers are very strong right now- thanks to the Stephanie Meyers double edged sword!

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3963 posts)
Kat and Deb, The Room is exactly as Deb described - difficult to understand at first, especially if you go in not knowing who the speaker is, but within a short time you figure it out and get into the story. Having it written through the eyes of the child, rather than an adult, was a very interesting perspective. I can't understand why some people have difficulty adapting to that style. The characters and story are very compelling and mostly believable - though I think something was lacking toward the end.

We'll be going on vacation pretty soon, with lots of naked lounging by the pool at a non-swingers' place. Looks like I'll have time to read!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8902 posts)
I'm reading "A 1000-Mile Walk on the Beach" One Woman's Trek of the Perimeter of Lake Michigan, by Loreen Niewenhuis. She vividly describes the overwhelming beauty of the lake and its environs, as well as the factories, power plants, mills and other businesses that developed along the shore - and the resultant pollution.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8902 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... More 
Start   511 to 520 of 709   End
TOPIC: Whatcha reading