Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
GoTo Page: Less ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... More 
Start   502 to 511 of 711   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Reading The Last Juror, John Grisham, and wouldn't you know? I got a summons for jury duty today in the mail.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
Just started We're With Nobody, an account of the kind of oppo research that goes on behind the scenes in political campaigns. The first four chapters are exceptionally well written, and interesting to someone like me.

Funny coincidence. I saw the authors on The Daily Show last week, then received a copy of the book over the weekend from my dad after he saw it while bookstore browsing.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Confederacy, Ignatius J Reilly, priceless.

Cool background Leeza and Fun.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Hmmm. As I vaguely recall, ignatius had some delusional traits. It comes from the water down here.

Funny thing about that book, Leeza. None of the commercial publishers wanted to touch it, but when it finally was published (by a university press), it won a Pulitzer. The novelist Walker Percy was the main person responsible for finally getting it printed. I keep meaning to read some of Walker Percy's books and am embarrassed I haven't. The entire Percy family of writers is intriguing (I've read some of W.A. Percy's works, years ago, and have a friend who married into that family).

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Actually no - you are too FUNny...!

A gift from my UK bibliophile girlfriend...

Sad story - he committed suicide after writing only this one book, and his Mom shopped the book around until she found someone who would publish it. And I would say that there are probably a few people in the forums who have some of Ignatius' qualities, but you are not one of them...

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7013 posts)
"A Confederacy of Dunces" is set in NOLA. Did anyone in the forums prompt you to read this?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Now onto A Confederacy of Dunces - I'm on a '1001 Books to Read Before You Die' kick...

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7013 posts)
Anything by Tom Wolfe, but Bonfire of the Vanities was my favorite of all. A Man in Full a close second, there were times I had to skip pages and go back slowly to peek, so painful was it to live through the main character's neverending troubles.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
One of my favorite books by john Grisham is The Confession.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
Jesse Kellerman, son of writers Jonathan and Faye Kellerman

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... More 
Start   502 to 511 of 711   End
TOPIC: Whatcha reading