Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1 ...  46.1  47.1  48.1  49.1  50.1  51.1  52.1  53.1  54.1  55.1  ... 92  Next »
502 to 511 of 912
User Details are only visible to members.
I tried reading Dr. Zhivago twice. I never made it more than 100 pages as all the names fugged me up! I loved the movie! Only book its happened to me.

Cracked open the seal of the song of ice and fire! So excited! Starting it as soon as I hit the pool or beach!

Happy reading* joan*

Username hidden
(962 posts)
Gina, I reread that just a little while ago; it must have been so scandalous at the time.

Have you ever read Palace Walk by Naguib Mafouz? It is the first of a trilogy, and I became totally enthralled with it from the first chapter. The other two books were not as good, but I loved this one.

I am sure that you have read Love In The Time of Cholera, but that is my next reread.

Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love by Oscar Hijuelos would be another good summertime read.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6401 posts)
Dug out a classic: Lady CHatterly's Lover. I read it in High School (no, not as an assignment) and THAT's been a while ago! I was the weird chick in HS that read the entire works of Shakespeare...for FUN.

I'll give Dr. Zhivago a whirl. And may download the other title mentioned below (darn, I'll have to scroll down).

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
When I'm finished with my current read, I'm going to re-read Dr.Zhivago, and move on to re-reading Anna Karenina.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Gina,

Dr.Zhivago - Boris Pasternak

Re-read it :)

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Gina, I just started "The Story of Beautiful Girl" by Rachel Simon. In this novel a woman who has been institutionalized in the School for the Incurable and Feebleminded gives birth to a girl and leaves her with a 70-yr-old widow just before she is recaptured and returned to the school. I found it enjoyable so far (up to page 20 or so). It was recommended to me by a good friend.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(12248 posts)
what to read what to read what to read...

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
How Israelis And Palestinians Negotiate: A Cross- Cultural Analysis of the Oslo Peace Process - Tamara Cofman Wittes

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Goodness! I'll be offering books to Ms. Rdy more often. Why, oh why, did I let your sweet husband slip away without me getting in at least of feel of his very nice arms? Boo hoo.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
I'm getting into bed with a new lover, the API 1104. She's looking to be a damn fine one from what I've seen so far.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1459 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  46.1  47.1  48.1  49.1  50.1  51.1  52.1  53.1  54.1  55.1  ... 92  Next »
502 to 511 of 912
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.