Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1 ...  45.1  46.1  47.1  48.1  49.1  50.1  51.1  52.1  53.1  54.1  ... 92  Next »
492 to 501 of 917
User Details are only visible to members.
Finished a Paul Auster collected novels set, The Likeness, The Collectors and The Little Disturbances of Man (look what 12 and 14 hour flights do to my book progress!). Just started Berlin at War and Spies.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7111 posts)
My latest, ASNT SNT TC-1A Anyone care about MT specifics? I finished the PT 2 weeks ago and moving on to UT next week.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1459 posts)
Americans and the US is VERY repressed. Never mind the books that were banned. Even Russians, are not as repressed ;).

Out of curiosity, maybe Rdy or Gina know, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, is is published in the US?

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Sorry, Rudy, yes I meant here in the US in the past. Of course, every year some group gets up in arms about a book and wants to ban them yet again. I guess there's a group wanting to ban "50 Shades of Grey" now. In a LOT of the books I read, especially from English writers, there is a prologue or forward stating that the book was banned in the U.S. until "1956" or whenever. Most written in the 20s, 30s and even turn of the century. Didn't we despise that sort of thing when books were burned? Banned isn't too far off. Each year, there is read a banned book day, or week? At any rate, I've probably read most of those. or will.

I love foreign commercials. I'll check that one out.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
thank you for that Sed. I'm sort of speechless:)

I'm horrible at marketing myself, and give away more than I sell. BOOKS that is, you perverts!

Am reading Lady Chatterly's Lover, D.H.Lawrence. I didn't realize how many books were banned here. Crazy. How repressed we've been.

I have to write. Sometimes it's an obsession. But not a bad one, and better than Doritos by far. (re: an old old post)

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
A great new read is The Compendium of Contributions to Society By Erstwhile Pennsylvania Innkeepers. I read the whole book in 4.5 seconds flat.

D Lo MS
Username hidden
(14144 posts)
I would like to take a second and thank Gina, who gifted me a book of her poetry, which she autographed for me. A collection of her poetry that I've been reading, and re-reading since I returned from San Antonio, Texas. Though I've read each and every poem quite a few time. Each time, when I re-read, it's like looking at a Chagall painting, you find something new, a different way of seeing ... a new message, a new tale.

Thank you, you remarkable woman! don't ever put your pen down!

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Thanks Peg, I always like book recommendations.

Reading a short little Stephen King book called Blockade Billy. Needed a quick read before I delve into more depths.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
Mystic River

Dennis LeHane

And I find that a ziplock bag does just fine for reading your kindle in a hot tub.

Username hidden
(795 posts)
Waterproof Kindle.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  45.1  46.1  47.1  48.1  49.1  50.1  51.1  52.1  53.1  54.1  ... 92  Next »
492 to 501 of 917
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.