Whatcha reading : Swingers Discussion 181033102
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   2 to 11 of 717   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I just did some proofreading for a friend who wrote a book of poems. It's quite good.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3304 posts)
Sed, I felt the same about Fifty Shades. It was so poorly written that I had to put it down almost immediately and was surprised that my sister liked it. She's rather vanilla and the book introduced a lot of new terms and ideas to her, so it was titillating for her, while her reaction was amusing to me.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9107 posts)
"Ordeal" by Linda Lovelace.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17966 posts)
The closest that I've come to romance novels in recent years has been an attempt on Fifty Shades of Gray. I put down that brain cell killer 10 minutes into the book.

I devour multiple books in one shot on middle east, and US foreign policy. Occasionally, I'll ddo what I call a *self improvement* book. Right now it's the book Rise. It's about professional leadership.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16860 posts)
In years past I felt that romance novels were a guilty pleasure, and then I decided they were so beyond how I wanted to spend my time that I swore to never read one again. The husband of a friend of mine likes them so much that he reads them while stopped at traffic lights, much to his wife's discomfort.

My current book is The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9107 posts)
We do, but I usually try to read something that furthers my knowledge on a subject or is thought provoking in some way. It is all entertainment to me, or I would stop reading. I do have reads I consider guilty pleasures, like the one listed below. Perhaps using the word guilty is the culprit, because I rarely feel guilty of any reading choice I make. There are simply some books that require less brain power than others.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
sorry, pet peeve of mine. why should any reading choice be considered a guilty pleasure? don't we all deserve to read whatever strikes our fancy? it is after all a leisure activity.

so yes i choose books for fun and entertainment--rarely, for educational or name dropping value.

JMHO YMMV

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2484 posts)
A Very Private Woman: The life and unsolved murder of Presidential mistress Mary Meyer by Nina Burleigh

though I did just order the 4th Crossfiire book by Sylvia Day "Captivated by You" (my guilty pleasure)

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(445 posts)
Heroic Diplomacy, Kenneth W. Stein

&

Rise, Patty Azzarello

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16860 posts)
Longbourn - Jo Baker

I have been sick all week and decided to treat myself to some Jane Austen silliness. It was a fast read, but it was cleverly written.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   2 to 11 of 717   End
TOPIC: Whatcha reading