Whatcha reading : Swingers Discussion 18103310131
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 699   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LOL... I am reading my cable bill. Unbelievable..... I have no words. Just ...Wow !

Mount Clemens MI
Username hidden
(388 posts)
Great book/story Nic. I started it, but work's gotten in the way.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(7918 posts)
Unbroken ~ Laura Hillenbrand

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Gina - I thought for sure I HAD read Brave New World as a high school assignment, but it turns out I didn't; I must've confused it with 1984.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6772 posts)
Thanks for the review, Sed. I thought of you when I purchased it, actually, and wondered if you had heard of it. It's a good read so far.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7290 posts)
I just finished both of Anne Rice's two newest The Wolf Gift and New Tales of the Vampires. Both great books. I am into fantasy and science fiction. Mr. F

Dumas TX
Username hidden
(242 posts)
*The People of Forever Are Not Afraid*

Gina, keep reading :). I read the book, I loved it. Perhaps because I see myself in Avishag, in many many ways. Perhaps even because it's close to home so to speak. I read a lot on the topic as you know, but this one was quite memorable, and very very enjoyable.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Gina, I'll usually stay with a book I don't like much for 50 pages or so before abandoning it but will persevere if it's one that my bookgroup is reading, just so I can discuss it.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8805 posts)
I reread Brave New World this past year and it was so interesting to read it as an adult rather than a high school reading assignment.

Reading Miracle Birth Stores of very Premature Babies b/c I was one, and b/c a friend just had a baby born 3 months early and she was 1.15 pounds and is now thriving. I love preemies and find them strong little fighters.

Also just started The People of Forever Are Not Afraid, by Shani Boianjiu, about two school friends in Israel, a juxtaposition of being a teen with all the normal angst, and being a teen in Israel, with the fighting, armies, PLO, IAF, RPG Children and so on, the lessons they have to learn in school, and the life lessons of teenage girls/frienships/plans, etc. Since I just started it and am not far into it yet, I'm not sure how much is contrived (it's a work of fiction, after all) and how much is supposed, but I'll give it a shot.

Question: how far into a book are you willing to go before you decide, eh, this one isn't worth my time? I usually will give it a good 15 pages.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7290 posts)
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6772 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 699   End
TOPIC: Whatcha reading