Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 88  Next »
12 to 21 of 876
User Details are only visible to members.
whenever i read aloud--i read with animation/emotion. i don't necessarily change my voice to try to match the character but i do follow the moods of the characters.

to me there's no point in reading to someone in a (more or less) monotone. sure fire way to put someone to sleep for the night, IMO.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(15991 posts)
Thanks Annie.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(1049 posts)
I don't do audio books. But if I did-I'd definately want it read in character. Back in my theatre days when we'd do table reads of our shows, it gave us an opportunity to try out different voice personas as we got to know the character we were playing. I can't see an audio book being different.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(2445 posts)
I'd like to hear other feedback on this. Do you prefer animated speaking (suggesting emotion)? Is this common.?

I've always read aloud with emotion. When I'm reading different characters, I do change my voice a bit. Of course, I've always read to children who really seemed to enjoy it. It seems to help them understand the feeling behind the words and differentiate between characters.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(1049 posts)
I think audio book readers are asking for trouble when they start doing "voices". I can see how it would be hard not to try and accentuate the voice of a character who is supposed to be notable for their speech, but reading it straight let's my brain fill in the details more easily.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1777 posts)
Yeah it's made it so I can't listen to anything I've read or have read in the series. But American Gods has the hole cast from the show reading it so it kinda crazy to have different voices that are actually different people

Maplewood MN
Username hidden
(28 posts)
@d1cks1in: that would drive me crazy!

OT: just finished "Working It" by Leah Marie Brown -- good, lite palate cleaner.

Currently reading " The Girl With No Name : the incredible true story of a girl raised by monkeys" by Marina Chapman It sounds sensationalesque- like tabloid fodder but it's really compelling and interesting. It starts when she was not quite 5 and kidnapped with other children but then abandoned.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(2445 posts)
I hate that it has killed storylines for me so I had to get an Audible account to listen as I drive. It's nice but some people read names different then I do. Some times to the man reading it doesn't really get the woman's voice right to me and this can really bug me

Maplewood MN
Username hidden
(28 posts)
struggling my way through book 8 of Outlander. I can't seem to read it for more then 15 minutes at a time. Not really because of the book, just things have been a bit crazy here the last few weeks.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21814 posts)
American Gods by Neil Gaiman It's really good kinda crazy

Maplewood MN
Username hidden
(28 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 88  Next »
12 to 21 of 876
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.