Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 90  Next »
12 to 21 of 893
User Details are only visible to members.
Anyone wanna be my Braille Coach/reading tooter? I promise I'll mouth the words.

Ok, enough tomfoolery. Back to the salt mines.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13283 posts)
Damn! I spelled bosom wrong. I should probably take a Continuing Ed class...Hopefully, in Braille.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13283 posts)
For a NY minute I thought you meant to type "debone", and then, using the wisdom garnered from 5 years of high school and even more in college, it dawned on me that you were making a funny. Well played.

Annie, if the alcohol is flowing, I'd break out my best non-British, yet British-sounding Julia Child impersonation. I met her a few times when I lived in Boston. She fancied the dining room at the Fairmont and My ex and I lived right around the corner. Meaning, I fancied the bar. Later, I lived in Cambridge and would walk past her house, across Harvard Yard to the T. I slowed down one day to try and look in her window and she was in the yard. I told her that I was a big fan and she told me that there was another name for that, and laughed. She was Tom Hanks - Bosoom Buddies tall.

When she died, her family/estate donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian. It was dismantled and rebuilt in the Museum of American History. It's a small exhibit, but it's one of my faves along with the display showing the items and notes left at the Vietnam Memorial, and the signpost from MASH.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13283 posts)
"Appetite for Life" perhaps?

Speaking of appetites....I think a visit to Washington sounds delightful. My GF and I will teach you how to bone a chicken....or something.

Where in Washington?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1960 posts)
Same question to Currentrider ;-). At some point I will likely be in your state as our offspring is there.

I seriously Love Julia Child's even tho I don't really cook. She lived an amazing life & there's a great book I read about her years ago tho the title eludes me. Our daughter was a fan as well since she went thru a period of wanting to be a spy.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3036 posts)
"Oooh! And now I've done it. I've cut the dickens out of my finger!"

Classic sketch.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1960 posts)
@BT: How many drinks will it take for you to do the Julia Child's impersonation for me? ;-)

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3036 posts)
there were a couple of books i read when lil darlin was really lil that i got a lot more animated during--a couple of seuss books, and a mo willems book. not so much making different voices but adding some fun(ny) facial expressions, too.

lots of fun for reader and read-ee(s).

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16570 posts)
I remember reading "The egg and I" and finally clicking with the author's phonetic spelling in the book by animating the Kettle's son in my head with the voice of a Tarheel construction superintendent I worked with. For example:

"I knowed exactly what was gonna happen onecet I saw the old fool start sawin away on that tower"

The only change I would have made would be to spell "onecet" as "oneced"

For some reason people changing their voices, as opposed to changing the emphasis as NJNY pointed out is just a bit more distracting. I guess I'm modulating the audio input inside my head the same way that I'm modulating the visual input - without thinking about it. I would agree with Fun that, for some reason it seems to be less distracting when the author does it. Maybe I'm deferring to their organic knowledge of the character.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1960 posts)
Tramp often reads from his favorite Lady and the Tramp, in his best Disney, Tramp voice " Oh Miss Lady Ma'am!" I love it when he talks Disney.

Carry on.....

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5386 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 90  Next »
12 to 21 of 893
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.