Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 80  Next »
11 to 20 of 797
User Details are only visible to members.
bass fishing for dummys

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(13145 posts)
funny you say that Peghey because right now I'm waiting for a coat of paint to dry on window frames, while watching/listening to an episode. Trooper and I plan on cosplaying Dougal and Gillis at some point when I can make costumes again.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21526 posts)
I watched the series while doing some painting. Holy shit, that dood and his kilt are so fucking hot!

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6304 posts)
Voyager- the 3rd book in the Outlander series.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21526 posts)
I'm reading about the intricacies of articulation policies in the US.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20558 posts)
Thank you both for giving me some books to add to my reading.

I enjoy neuroscience was fascinated by the Oliver Sacks book that I read.

It was even more fascinating when I actually temporarily experienced something akin to one of his bizarre clinical tales.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(955 posts)
I started it years ago, and never finished it, but I am going to try listening to it, as I do with so many books these days. Thank you for reminding me of the book.

Another writer I enjoy, although his work takes me much longer to absorb than Sacks, is Antonio Damasio. He is a lot more science than story, but his writing is so eloquent that it is never dry or sloggish.

I have become a neuroscience junkie.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6304 posts)
I didn't know he had died!

If you like science writing for non-scientist readers, I have one for you.

Obviously many have heard of "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. It's an excellent book, and quite accessible to the lay reader. And since Peghey is a reader I wish to lay....

Another less known book is perhaps my favorite of all. Coming of Age in the Milky Way by Timothy Ferris, written in 1988. It's a little longer and the cutting-edge aspect of it is outdated, but it's an excellent read through the history of astronomy and physics. He was nominated for the Pulitzer prize for it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25976 posts)
Gratitude - Oliver Sacks.

I have always been a big fan, and this short, sweet book is his last, written during the last year or so of his life.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6304 posts)
forums

:0)

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14145 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 80  Next »
11 to 20 of 797
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.