Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 78  Next »
11 to 20 of 771
User Details are only visible to members.
"War of the Gods" Z. Sitchin Thanks ZZ you made me dustoff one of my old favorites.

Greenville NC
Username hidden
(1957 posts)
"Forum Rules". NO COMMENT I may get put in "timeout".

Greenville NC
Username hidden
(1957 posts)
@njny: Amen to that.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
thanks BLT--i've been thru some hell and back experiences; i'm a determined survivor and i have fought my own way back a few times now. as i told my BFF (god we've known each other 35 years!)--i'd rather admit something is wrong and DO something about it rather than pretend in silent misery.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8997 posts)
"I don't want a companion to "complete" me."

--'nuff said. that reminds me of a tune.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8997 posts)
@njny: P.S. Yours were "learning experiences." Why we have to go through them? I think it prepares us for the good so that we will recognize the good when it appears. I admire your tenacity in taking life after that experience on your own terms. Only strong women can hang in their until the right situation presents itself and not sell out. Sometimes people think we're vulnerable and willing to compromise. To those people, I say fuck you! There is a light at the end of the tunnel....it does get better. The thing is, we have to stay strong until it does. I have mad respect for you.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
"I don't want a companion to "complete" me."

--'nuff said. that reminds me of a tune.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8997 posts)
@njny: I can say in all honesty that during these last few years when I had to downsize my life tremendously, I was NEVER lonely. My premium cable was my companion. I've said this numerous times before. I fought my way out of a pit and many in these forums reached out and lifted me up w/o even knowing it and I thank God that I am in a better place now in numerous ways. I don't want a companion to "complete" me. I am good by myself. If someone can't enhance my life and me theirs, we don't belong together.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
paraphrasing something i said to a relative quite some years ago when she was complaining that she felt lonely and wanted a BF.

you can be lonely with anyone, you can be lonely with a husband or wife, you can be lonely in the middle of one of the best parties in your lifetime. finding someone else to "fix" lonely won't work. first you have to like your own company and be comfortable, even happy, being alone. *then* it's okay to find someone else, or better yet, let them find you--and make sure they fit.

too bad i forgot my own advice about "fit"--that's okay, life doesn't come with an instruction manual so all detours and wrong turns eventually get corrected if we are paying attention.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8997 posts)
September 2015 edition of Awakenings Magazine (the free mag) page 23: I love this magazine it's heavily geared toward holistic living and yoga. I found the following interesting: "Look Inward Instead of to Others" ......."Happiness is an inside job. Joy, love and inspired living are ours for the taking --all we must do is choose." Lisa Cypers Kamen, Los Angeles happiness expert and Positive Psychology Coach.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 78  Next »
11 to 20 of 771
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.