Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Threads for critters, gardening, dinner, movies, etc. Does anyone read any more? What are you reading, do you recommend it, and why or why not?

My most recent read is Natasha Trethewey's "Beyond Katrina," a collection of poems and prose about the Mississippi gulf coast. I fell in love with her the first time I met her and heard her read, several years ago. In this work she confronts racism, urban development, and the way in which natural disasters reveal seams in our society. But she does so through observations about individual persons and their experiences. A very good read.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 92  Next »
1 to 10 of 917
User Details are only visible to members.
Just finished 'White Lilies' (Samantha Christy) about pregnancy surrogacy. It's fiction and totally shredded my heart. Not totally solid writing throughout, but the story felt plausible.

Also still reading 'Rewind' (Terry England)- also fiction, about a group of 17 adults that are abducted by aliens but returned as children, all around the age of 8-9. I'm only about 20% in but how our govt "handles" the situation reads as comically accurate.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3928 posts)
i have a message for you ~ matan rochlitz.

worth googling.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17687 posts)
I'm reading a book on suicide , NOOOO I'm not going any where YET ,Interesting fact South Korea has the highest rate of suicide rate of any country in the world .The pressure is so great to do well ,is hard for people to deal with .

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11983 posts)
NJNY nice read. I hope you get the chance to visit that unique bench some day, I hope I do too.

Colfax NC
Username hidden
(4940 posts)
a very nice piece---informative, too

https://mobile.nytimes. co m/2017/08/25/opinion/charles-stover-playgrounds-whisper-bench .html

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17687 posts)
@2tryin: I have some anatomy you can study hands-on ;)

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3928 posts)
Reading about the development of the P61 Black Widow fighter. Yea, not a page Turner, but interesting.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(689 posts)
Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy, Volumes 1-3, circa 1893.

Augusta GA
Username hidden
(768 posts)
Gatefather by Orson Scott Card. Good sci fi

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7297 posts)
Y'all are talking about the woman who wrote an essay about her husband while she was about to die. I could have sworn that I posted something here about that essay back about the time she wrote it. But scrolling back through this thread I don't see it; memory must be slipping. Anyway, I'll add my 2 cents that it was pretty moving.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(14142 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 92  Next »
1 to 10 of 917
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.