Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Whatcha reading
TOPIC: Whatcha_reading
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Threads for critters, gardening, dinner, movies, etc. Does anyone read any more? What are you reading, do you recommend it, and why or why not?

My most recent read is Natasha Trethewey's "Beyond Katrina," a collection of poems and prose about the Mississippi gulf coast. I fell in love with her the first time I met her and heard her read, several years ago. In this work she confronts racism, urban development, and the way in which natural disasters reveal seams in our society. But she does so through observations about individual persons and their experiences. A very good read.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 83  Next »
1 to 10 of 827
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm blind

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(13266 posts)
Jack McDevitt. Really good sci fi

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4373 posts)
I haven't read a fiction book in many years. I don't know why I just don't find them interesting anymore. Or rather, interesting enough to hold my attention.

I do read books on science, economics, etc. I also do a lot of kakuro (math puzzles). I always take the hardest ones I can find, and I complete only maybe 20% of them before I screw something up.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27162 posts)
Chris Hedges in the Unspeakable series.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21373 posts)
since the continuation of the books about the Assassin will not be out for over a year I'm back to Outlander.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21732 posts)
Just finished reading A Confederacy of Dunces.

I guess I am officially a New Orleanian.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5133 posts)
Milking the Moon - A southerner's story of Life on this planet

~Eugene Walter as told to Katherine Clark ". . . he never allowed the facts to get in the way of a good story."

Santa Fe NM
Username hidden
(4429 posts)
"But don't think for a second that I'm seeking to be interesting or intelligent"

Well, when asked whatcha reading you could at least answer with a book title. So you're way ahead of some ....

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13691 posts)
I'm currently reading posts from yesterday on page 2 of the Open Forum, because some bozo is fucking everything up.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27162 posts)
"A Bright and Shining Lie" - Neil Sheehan

But don't think for a second that I'm seeking to be interesting or intelligent as I clearly avoid both...at all cost.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(4497 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 83  Next »
1 to 10 of 827
TOPIC: Whatcha reading
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.